FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Beards!

Yep. Beards. And in no way inspired by Jeremy Paxman.

I'm growing my stubble and decided to rock a short beard. Just wondered how much of the neck/underneath chin area people shaved to give it a style. I know there was a post a while back saying that rocking the Flo-Rida chin strap's a no-no. Just wondered how far the current style is to trim or keep it the same length as on the face.

Any suggestions from FB's fellow bearders welcome!

Nice one.

I haven't been clean shaven in about 2 years now, love my face fuzz and so does the Mrs. so that will most likely continue for the foreseeable future.
    My look is definitely in the beard category now, however I've always kept the hair on my neck shorter than the rest. I think it gives a cleaner look.
    I usually fade the hair from where it stops growing up above my adams apple. There was a good article on GQ about this exact technique, but I can't seem to find it.

Trend Setter
    I've not been clean shaven either for around 2 years, the girlfriend loves it so much I'm not allowed to be clean shaven lol. I've not shaven at all in the last 4 months and my beard is pretty big now! I don't bother trimming my neck at all. The only thing I've done to it in the last 4 months is let my barber (who is decent and a beard fanatic) trim the stray hairs when I get my hair cut.

I've recently been looking into beard products and would love some recommendations on oils and conditioners etc.
    You Must Create

There are plenty of companies around now that do some very good quality beard oils and even shampoos and conditioners.

Personally, I just use normal shampoo and conditioner as I can't justify further outlay when I've never had any problems with what I use for my hair up top. From time to time, if my skin is feeling weathered or dry I'll work in some facial moisturiser down to the skin. But my biggest friend has been beard oil, I use Franks Beard Elixir from Mr Natty, it gives my beard a healthy shine and it makes me smell like a well dressed woodsman! I love the stuff. Once the bottles finished, I'm planning on trying a good few more as there are plenty around and they are all advertised far too well for me to turn down!

Trend Setter
    Mr Natty products look great! Just ordered some of the shampoo and elixir. I'm looking forward to using some products specifically designed for the beard. :-)
    You Must Create

Trend Setter
    This is that GQ article on beards :-)
    You Must Create

Superb! I was looking for that a while back and could not find it for the life of me. Saved forever more now though! Beard products are great, it's a whole new world to explore!

For me beard sucks.... constant inching plus beard requires a lot of maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread