FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Hairstyle product and styling method

Hey guys, i'm thinking about switching my hairstyle to something similar to what this guys rocking (below). I'm just wondering what the general opinion is for how to create this style i.e. which kind of styling product would work best (i want to stay away from pomades, my hair's quite thin and tends to just look really greasy) and any other tips that may be useful in getting this look. i've tried combing my hair back in the past but there's always something lacking in my end product and i've never had enough confidence to make it out the house with my hair in that style! I feel like its definitely doable though, i'm just missing something!

many thanks in advance!

J8x

Trend Setter
    A pomade would be best but if you're reluctant to use one then try a putty, or AC Fiber and top off with a good quality hairspray. If you're not already you should be using a hairdryer to get some volume from wet too. If your hair is stubborn in any way then think about using a product before drying but I don't think that would be necessary. Biggest tip from me would be a good quality hairspray, although I know some don't like to use it, I find it can make a great difference.

I have my hair as a slightly shorter version of that at the moment. I find i get best results when i blow dry the hair (even better if i hang upside down) which will at the very least give a volume that can be added to product. I'm using green hairbond (think its the distorter) and finding it adds good volume and hold without being sticky, heavy or obvious. I finish with a little light hairspray. Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread