FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Thick and wavy hair

I'm sure every man who has wanted medium-length or long hair and has thick and wavy hair has hated their genetics at some point in their lives. There's nothing I can do really but to cut it short. The hair styles provided on this website for thick and wavy hair would not look good on me and they require way too much care. I don't want to blow dry my hair or use tons of product, so I'm pretty much out of luck when it comes to medium or long length hair. What I'm doing right now is brushing my hair over without it falling on my forehead. I have to use hairspray to hold it there or it will fall in my forehead and look worse. I'm currently using hair clips at night to get my hair permanently stuck where I'm holding it with hairspray. That has only helped a little bit so far. I really like this hairstyle and want to stick with it but I don't want to have to use hairspray everyday. If anyone has any ideas to make stubborn hair stay in a spot, I am open to suggestions :-)

Fashionisto
    Sounds similar to mine, where my goal as well is medium to long hair without much product. The only product I use for texture is a bit of gel, as opposed to wax, to kill off some of the volume (mine can tend to get that lion's mane appearance). I'm afraid I can't help much with the whole problem of keeping the hair away from the forehead, since what I do is hairspray for when going out, if needed, and a thin headband after wash or when practicality calls for it.
    What I've done though, which you could try out, is growing/styling it in a way where it looks as good when it falls to the sides of the forehead. It may or may not work for you depending on the rest of your look. Google Jared Leto as an example. In some instances he looks phenomenal with it, but at times it looks way too feminine/innocent.

+ Reply to Thread