FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Nick Wooster

what do I ask for or do to get a barnet like yer man Nick Wooster??

Trend Setter
    Print off a photo and take to your hairdressers with you. Tell them if you want it exactly like that or if they can play around a bit to suit your face shape and hair type.
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Jay

Style Icon
    I have a slightly longer version of that cut.

You want to find a salon/hairdresser who understands what you are after. I've given photos to hairdressers before and I've wondered why I bothered on seeing the finished result (although DO take a photo). You want to get yourself to a decent city centre salon, who will be used to catering for modern, fashion conscious cuts. Despite the amount of quiffs (and it is basically a quiff) you see on billboards and marketing campaigns, it's not a hairstyle your local hairdresser will be doing that often as relatively few have it (here in Nottingham anyway).

Pay for the best stylist in the shop if it's a completely new cut and milk him/her for advice on how to do it yourself and which products to buy (although I can point you in that direction if you have pennies to spare - I tend to use pricier products). After that, you can use a regular cheaper stylist if you prefer, but still rom a decent salon (I find the price difference is only a couple of quid anyway for the top bod in the shop).

Trend Setter
    It's basically a short back and sides, slightly longer on top - side parted - with the front section longer and quiffed back. Take a picture. I usually make a joke out of it because I feel a little embarrassed.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by electroRoss View Post
    It's basically a short back and sides, slightly longer on top - side parted - with the front section longer and quiffed back. Take a picture. I usually make a joke out of it because I feel a little embarrassed.
    Im pretty much exactly the same. Its more to do with my super thick straw like hair than anything. I d love to rock a longer style but my hair just grows like a mushroom and gets super thick, not long.

+ Reply to Thread