FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Fashionisto
    also try craig ballantynes turbulence training (less focus on building mass), leangains (more mass focussed but it depend on goals), visual impact for men by rusty moore has deliviered some good results.

personally i find its about 80-90% diet. I used to run 10km per night 6 days a week and until it tuned my diet, i didnt lose any fat.ive since quit running coz i looked anorexic and couldnt put on muscle. now i follow a leangains approach without squat and deads to keep my rockstar legs. I also sprint. its metabollically demanding and doesnt put on muscle, but retains what i have.

I quit some time ago as well and I gained about 30 pounds but I would rather be a little heavier than be diagnosed with something life-threatening. Hit the gym and you can get back to your old weight.
    Gabriel
    Marketing Strategist for a cool company that specializes in women's shoes, golf shoes, fitness shoes and men's shoes. Ask me a marketing question, I'm happy to help!

Well done

Well done on stopping smoking, the hard part is done. Now the fun of gym work outs.

To be honest a well rounded gym routine will suite you perfectly. You will have to go through a gym induction. They will be able to point you in the right direction if you tell them what you want to achieve.

The eating thing is easy. No snacks and no carbs after 6.

Good luck

Fashionisto
    No carbs after 6???

Post workout I down at least 300g

If you're looking to get toned up and lose weight then a 5x5 workout could be useful, although personally to gain more of a pump and burn more calories i'd move to a higher rep range. It's all well and good working out but diet is pretty much the key to any of the gains. Check this out it's pretty useful, although this might be a bit hardcore haha..

Good Luck!

tajdon
    Any beginner's workout routine will work out just fine for you. Dedication will be your biggest concern.

Last edited by tajdon; 27-06-2012 at 02:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread