FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Conservative - How Short Is Too Short?!

For a side parting type hairstyle on the back and sides... I've currently got a number 2 on the back and sides blended in with the rest, with the front being about an inch long, perhaps a tad less when just cut. Styled by brushing across/back with some paste type product to stop it being fluffy and to add a v small amount of shine.

I thought it looked a tad too long on the sides to achieve the 'contrast' I was going for, my hairdresser thought a 1 on the back and sides blended in would be too short for that sort of style... I work in an office and I'm nearly 30, so I can't rock anything too mental like a fully disconnected 0.5 on the back and sides and 6 inches on top, I'd look stupid!

So, do people think a 1 would look too short for this type of style? - I know it depends on the individual to an extent too - my hair's quite dark brown, straight and pretty thick (it's always thinned out), I'd say I have quite a 'normal' oval face shape- not narrow or round!

It's tricky when trying to find pictures to get an idea of whether it would be too short because they're not often explained in 'technical' terms!

Hi

I think with new haircuts its just about changing it slightly until its right. From what you described we have pretty similar hairstyles. If i were you id go for the one on the sides, just not the entire way up at some point make sure your hairdresser starts blending in it towards the top. I have it like that as it creates that important contrast that i just dont get from a no.2 and it definitely is not too short in my opinion

tajdon
    I think it would be too short, just from my perspective in visualizing it.

Last edited by tajdon; 27-06-2012 at 02:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread