FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Hayfever Tips?

Now that Summer's approaching, it's time for plants and flowers to cause me an allergic reaction. I hate pollen.

I take the usual cetirizine hydrochloride tablets but they've not helped me today. (I've had hayfever for 8 years)

Anyone got tips on how to control it?
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Style Icon
    I trust your tablets are the same as anti-hystermine pills? (or however one spells it). They seem to do the trick for me.

My only other tip would be sleeping as much as possible. Once my reaction starts, it won't calm down until I hit the bed.
    And don't lick the roof of your mouth, or the back of your throat. It's amazing how bad that can be (as weird as it sounds).

Style Icon
    I love this Non-Fashion Forum idea!

(*I don't have hay fever, sorry for the pointless post)
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

Style Icon
    I hate you Billy. When writing the post above, I tested my theory by licking the roof of my mouth towards the back of throat...

...now I can feel my symptoms starting... aha

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    I trust your tablets are the same as anti-hystermine pills? (or however one spells it). They seem to do the trick for me.

My only other tip would be sleeping as much as possible. Once my reaction starts, it won't calm down until I hit the bed.
    And don't lick the roof of your mouth, or the back of your throat. It's amazing how bad that can be (as weird as it sounds).
    Yeah the tablets are just the prescription version of any normal allergy relief ones.

I know exactly what you mean about the roof of your mouth/throat thing.

Guess I'll just have to live through it.
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Style Icon
    I've never really found much of a solution outside of the prescription pills. You can always try the tourist in London approach...

Fashionisto
    I defend my senses on 3 fronts, prescription tablets, Optrex eye drops and a nasal spray and hahaha @ licking the roof of your mouth, thought I was the only one. Sends me into a sneezing fit every time.

Fashionisto
    I was gonna say, I'd swap out the Cetirizine Hydrochloride for Loratadine 10mg, which is stronger, but also using eye drops. I don't use a nasal spray since they give me nosebleeds, but I recommend this stuff any day, works miracles for me:
    Hay Fever: HayMax

And dammit now I'm sneezing, couldn't help but lick the roof of my mouth!

Trend Setter
    If you're a smoker then give up smoking! I used to get hay fever every year... but since I gave up smoking in July 2011 I've not had a hint of hay fever!
    You Must Create

+ Reply to Thread