FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 4 5 6 7 Last

Watched the whole series of True Detective on a hungover Saturday. Every episode back to back.

Incredible acting / cinematography / writing but the end fell a bit flat for me after so much build up.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    OK, so I'm staring to sway now a bit more towards Breaking Bad, though I'm still not entirely convinced - I've often found that my personal taste often clashes with shows that are hugely successful which is why I never liked shows such as The Wire or Sopranos. I might give it another bash though.
    I couldn't stand The Wire either - BB is on another planet of brilliance in my opinion.

Style Icon
    I watched the first episode of The Walking Dead last night. Hugely disappointing - it was an hour spent re-hashing the opening sequence of 28 Days Later. By the end of the episode, I had pretty much lost interest. Can't really see it getting any better.

I'd love to see a TV series version of World War Z. I think the book lends itself well to the TV format, certainly a lot better than it did on the silver screen - apart from a few excellent scenes, the Brad Pitt film was an absolute mess and turned a gem of a book into a high-budget B-movie.

Des

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    I watched the first episode of The Walking Dead last night. Hugely disappointing - it was an hour spent re-hashing the opening sequence of 28 Days Later. By the end of the episode, I had pretty much lost interest. Can't really see it getting any better.

I'd love to see a TV series version of World War Z. I think the book lends itself well to the TV format, certainly a lot better than it did on the silver screen - apart from a few excellent scenes, the Brad Pitt film was an absolute mess and turned a gem of a book into a high-budget B-movie.
    Give TWD a couple of more episodes. I hated the pilot but it's unmissable for me now and can't wait for season 5. Luckily it's based on a comic so its unlikely to run out of ideas or go stale a la Homeland..

World War Z was an absolute joke of a film. The Honest Trailer of it is pretty much spot on. Although they're kind of right in all of the ones they piss-take, inc TWD.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Give TWD a couple of more episodes. I hated the pilot but it's unmissable for me now and can't wait for season 5. Luckily it's based on a comic so its unlikely to run out of ideas or go stale a la Homeland..
    I might give it another try.

Just started watching Boardwalk Empire - first two episodes were really good. Buscemi is great in it - he's done his fair share of dud roles in his career, so I wasn't expecting a whole lot from a series with him in the lead, but I've been pleasantly surprised. I'm hooked in so far - TWD may have to wait a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Incredible acting / cinematography / writing but the end fell a bit flat for me after so much build up.
    I agree with this, the bad guy was a little bit rubbish. However the final chase scene was pretty intense.

Shows I can't miss these days have got to be GoT and MiC.

Fashionisto
    Arrow
    The Tomorrow People
    Bates Motel
    Hostages (just finished)
    All spelling errors & missing characters brought to you courtesy of Toshiba's Satellite keyboard.

Fashionisto
    Halfway through Season 3 of The Wire. Cannot believe its taken this long for me to notice this show.

As shows go, right in my top 5 as best ever.

Style Icon
    I'm near the end of season two of Boardwalk Empire. Absolutely love the show - it has everything going for it.. it's well scripted, beautifully shot and brilliantly acted, by Buscemi & Michael Shannon in particular (Shannon's acting is sublime).

Above all though, it is expertly paced with a deft hand which allows for strong character developments within the storylines. By far, the best TV show I have seen in a long while.

Fashionisto
    ''Orange is the new Black'' is having me in stitches.............I'm trying hard not to finish off Season 1 so quickly as Season 2 has only just started.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 3 4 5 6 7 Last