FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3

Style Icon
    They were pretty good, yeah. Lots of intersong banter, the lead singer's birthday started mid-set so there was a big thing about that. Quite a fun band to see and they played well.

Sam

Style Icon
    You went to the Great Escape and missed Howler? Definitely a mistake. I saw them twice last week (at The Garage in Islington and The Soundhouse in Leicester) and they absolutely killed it second time round - and London was good too.
    Incidentally, Hooded Fang were in support and were great both nights - including an impromptu jam at The Soundhouse as the bassist went for a piss. Gottadowhatyougottado I guess.

Style Icon
    Damn, knew there had to be lots of good bands I'd missed. At the end of the day, you're constrained by what fits in with what, which venues are full etc. We were picking bands that sounded decent at random from the programme a lot of the time, which led to a lot of good discoveries along with some highly weird acts....

Sam

Style Icon
    Too true. And I have been plugging Howler, who some critics will inevitably diss as mediocre, non stop anyway.
    There's a chance I might be found at Summer Sundae in Leicester this summer myself. That's usually good, if not dripping with big names.

Trend Setter
    The major festivals are fast approaching now! Isle of Wight next month and I'm gutted I missed the boat on the 1 day passes to the reading festival on Sunday.
    You Must Create

Trend Setter
    Off to the IOW festival this afternoon... I shan't be worrying about fashion too much with this bloody weather! I will be sporting some All Saints military style wellies and a cagoule plus some cool layering.
    You Must Create

+ Reply to Thread