FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

Trend Setter

Festival Fever

Me and a few friends are just finalizing our usual Isle of Wight festival this year... The line-up is a bit shit compared to last year but it is such an awesome buzz being there that the line-up isn't a deal breaker.

Just thought I'd see if anyone's bought tickets or planning to for any of the 2012 festivals?

Jay

Style Icon
    I'll probably just go to Indietracks this year (as usual). It has the best, most relaxed atmosphere of any festival I know, it's the antithesis of commercial, has toilets you don't need a radiation suit to venture into and serves proper local real ales at the bar too. Oh and has a whole host of bands I adore that simply don't play other festivals.

Fashionisto
    I've only ever been V and Leeds. Leeds in 09 and '11 and V '10 and '11 (2 festivals 5 days apart is horrific). Knowing my luck, my friends will want to go to V again, but i'm hoping to go back to Leeds this year. I had alot of general fun getting about and dancing (swaying in a drunk haze) from 2am till sunrise at Leeds every night. For me the fun and laughs had when the bands aren't on are what makes any festival a deal breaker for me. Unless it's Glastonbury. I want to go Glastonbury alot.

Sam

Style Icon
    I haven't been to enough festivals. I went to Leeds 2010 but it was just for the Friday because the other days were crap. The Libertines were awesome... but I was with a bunch of lads who'd rather see Pendulum when Arcade Fire was on so... yeah.
    But I did see the Cribs, which meant seeing Johnny Marr, which meant seeing my best loved Smith, hence musician in general! Shame Ignore the Ignorant wasn't that great.
    I'd really like to go to Glasto for the much paraded "vibe", then haunt the smaller festivals a bit. But before I'm 20, R&L are still alright by me.

Jay

Style Icon
    You're about 15 years late if you want to find a vibe at Glastonbury :P

Fashionisto
    Went to Global Gathering last year and Parklife the year before that. Hopefully I'll get time to go to Parklife again this year. Also, just seen the line up for Coachella, absolutely mindblowing!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I'll probably just go to Indietracks this year (as usual). It has the best, most relaxed atmosphere of any festival I know, it's the antithesis of commercial, has toilets you don't need a radiation suit to venture into and serves proper local real ales at the bar too. Oh and has a whole host of bands I adore that simply don't play other festivals.
    To be honest this sounds like something me and my mates would probably enjoy more these days as we're on the wrong side of 30 and the little comforts such as decent beer and clean toilets become more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Unless it's Glastonbury. I want to go Glastonbury alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I'd really like to go to Glasto for the much paraded "vibe", then haunt the smaller festivals a bit. But before I'm 20, R&L are still alright by me.
    I really need to do Glastonbury once before I die!

Nat

Style Icon
    Jay, sounds like you might enjoy Greenman - quite small at only 10,000, but a great atmosphere without being too full on, and loads of great ciders and ales! The music is awesome too imo - quite folky, but not too "out there"

FashionBeans Staff
    I'm off to Bestival this year; its the first large festival I've been to, my previous adventures have been restricted to smaller local festivals with excellent atmospheres and smaller but none the less excellent bands.

Style Icon
    Not quite a traditional bands-in-a-field festival, but just got tickets to the Great Escape in Brighton next weekend. The Great Escape

Probably off to Latitude in the summer as well, went to End of the Road in Dorset last year and wanted something a little bigger without being quite as massive as Reading & Leeds.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last