FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Architecture

I love clothes. I love style. Hell I live getting dressed in the morning and walking down the street. But I don't live for clothes. (Sure style is a brilliant asset) I luve for design. Architecture in particular. I love Edwaedian and Victorian style and I aspire to be an architect. My only problem is that I don't know where to start. I've picked GCSE's relevant to the topic, I own books about the subject and I take walks around my local area admiring houses. (I live in Leigh-on-Sea and I would recommend visiting it) I just don'ttl feel this is enough though. I need inspiration. Any of you architects out there: recommend me a book, give me a destination to visit, set me a challenge, give me a quiz, anything! I juwt want to expand and improve.

Trend Setter
    Excuse any incorrect spelling - my phone is acting up.

Fashionisto
    I'm not an architect but work in a related field.

Architecture isn't just about style and aesthetics. These things often come second to functionality (and meeting building/planning standards/requirements).

Being an architect is about knowing about a large variety of related subjects as well as being able to organize and manage people.

If you want to see amazing new architecture, I would recommend saving up for a trip to Dubai. They have the capitol to fund the grand designs that people think of under the term architecture.

Trend Setter
    I am aware that architecture is so much more than just design - but I'm fascinated by it all. I think mathematically and I feel that the structural side would come naturally to me (excuse me if I sound overconfident) but I have always been passionate about design. Thank you for posting by the way.

+ Reply to Thread