FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Footy Fans: Premier League 2012/2013

Any footy fans here?

I'm a big United fan (there's only one) and I'm bricking it this season. There's that confidence I had when SAF was in charge which has now been replaced with anxiety and excitement. Anfield on Sunday, should be a good un'.

Oops, should've said 2013/2014 haha!

YES! And pleased we went against the grain and signed Moyes and not a showbiz manager (look how well Chelsea have done), excellent acquisition. Right man to replace SAF, another Glaswegian who like SAF at Aberdeen has achieved massive goals on a shoestring budget, actually watches players himself on his many scouting missions and no player is bigger than his club, if it ain't broke don't fix it and that's what we've done. He may not have won any silverware but he uses fantastic wing play and is never afraid to attack.

Absolutely gutted losing to Liverpool, I would prefer to take another drumming by Arsenal or City than lose to them. Anyhow this squad has victory coursing through its veins and Fellaini only adds to it, a proper battler we've been missing since Keane but without the maliscious streak and an extra dimensions at set pieces attacking and defending but also unfortunately without the simpilicity of a 'pass & move' game.

I think people forget that this is the same team that strolled the league last season, only the manager has changed albeit a manager with no silverware or European experience but SAF also had to start somewhere and Moyes has made a promising start. Get Rooney signed up and get Kagawa playing behind Van Persie and Rooney. The futures bright especially with Zaha, Januzaj, De Gea, Welbeck, Smalling, Jones, Hernandez & Rafael. KEEP THE FAITH

Trend Setter
    Thread unsuccessful.

Not many footy fans here then?

Style Icon
    Yeah - I love the footy.

Gotta love Mr A-Z's post... comparing Fellani to Roy Keane, comparing Moyes to Alex Ferguson, reckoning that you can "keep the faith" with a team full of shit players like Kagawa, Smalling, Jones, Rafael, Hernandez and pleased United didn't get a showbiz manager. "Look how well Chelsea did?"

Yes indeed, didn't they win the league last season?

The absolute delusion of some United fans is shocking. I'm still laughing at the Fellaini comment "a proper battler we've been missing since Keane but without the maliscious streak and an extra dimensions at set pieces attacking and defending". LOL.

Trend Setter
    Yeah I'm ignoring that post.

Should be an exciting season. A lot of interesting players joining the League too.

I can see United scraping 4th. Hitting some mid-season form while those around them are cramming in games left and right. Looks like van Gaal is bringing one or two more in at least before the end of the window as well.

Who do you follow?

Style Icon
    Man United!

I've supported them since I was 7 years old.. before Ferguson was there, so Moyes is not the only shit manager I've seen them have!

As brilliant as he was though , Ferguson seriously neglected bringing in decent players for the last 8-10 years. Excluding Van Persie, I think Tevez was the last big signing he made which is no way to be when you're supposed to be one of the biggest clubs in the world. I don't know any other manager who could have won anything with the squad of players he left United with.. so many rubbish players - Cleverly, Nani, Jones, Smalling, Evra, Young, Kagawa, Carrick, Rafael, Anderson etc etc.

Moyes rhad little chance taking over that team of wasters. Then adding Fellaini & Mata into the mix? Zero chance

I'd be confident that Van Gaal will gradually rebuild the squad over the coming years. He's a shrewd operator with an enviable track record but I don't have high hopes for them this season.

Trend Setter
    Such a pity that Kagawa hasn't worked out. He fits the high-press, high intensity style that United like to claim as their brand of football. Unfortunately, he's come at a time when United have relied on the perennial "play to the winger and cross the ball" tactics, and with players like Rooney keeping him out of his favoured position. Hope Kagawa moves as it's a waste of a great career rotting on that bench.

Utd need to stop signing attacking midfielders. It's the engine room and defence that needs sorting, as everyone has pointed out. Van Gaal seemed the man to drive through those sorts of transfers. Can't help think Herrera will prove a waste of money.

The other side of my feelings on United, is that they need to make use of lots of squad rotation. Fergie was king at this, planning many moves ahead. It's the only way they'll get value out the absurdly expensive squad players, too. At at a time when Utd need to learn how to play as a team again, though, that may not be the best thing - and with less competitions, that discourages rotation.

Style Icon
    I love football, but I don't follow it religiously. Malmö FF is my team in Sweden, and they just made Champions League, so it'll be a great football year!

In Premier League I'm with Arsenal. Been since the mid 90's, when Stefan Schwarz played there. All though, the past couple of seasons I've grown a soft spot for Spurs. It'd be fun if they won it, for once.

Trouble with PL for me is that it costs an arm and a leg to get the channel that airs it regularly. I've not bothered with it for a couple of years, as I only get the time to watch a game once or twice per month. Can't justify the cost.

Des

Trend Setter
    Kagawa is quality. One of the best players in the Bundesliga before they bought him. Fair enough if he now doesn't fit in with the way utd want to play but if its true he's going for as little as 6million, then thats ridic.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post
    In Premier League I'm with Arsenal. Been since the mid 90's, when Stefan Schwarz played there. All though, the past couple of seasons I've grown a soft spot for Spurs. It'd be fun if they won it, for once.
    Get out. Get Out!!!

Trend Setter

Di Maria starts!

+ Reply to Thread