FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 Last

Liking all of that, Creed.

Quite similar to what we are going for with the white walls / bright colours in the living space and soft neutrals in the bedroom

Never been that happy with the layout in my living room but the fireplace is in a really awkward location

The murals look really cool - how did you do the brightly coloured one?

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Liking all of that, Creed.

Quite similar to what we are going for with the white walls / bright colours in the living space and soft neutrals in the bedroom

Never been that happy with the layout in my living room but the fireplace is in a really awkward location

The murals look really cool - how did you do the brightly coloured one?
    Many thanks, the wall is a mural by a company called Wall Murals, Photo Wallpapers & Canvas Prints | Photowall.co.uk

They have hundreds of designs, please click 'wall murals' at the top of the page then there are some categories (mine was under 'art')

You simply input your wall measurement and they calculate the price, then print it to the size of your wall and send the mural in pre-cut numbered strips with crop margins top and bottom. All you need to do is paste it up like wallpaper, I did the whole thing in less than 1 hour! I think my wall cost me about 140 delivered.

The black and white mural in my old flat was a different game altogether, much more expensive (I think approx 460) from Cole and Son wallpapers. It looked great but in hindsight photowall do the same for much less.

Fashionisto
    Like the minimalist look Creed, never felt I could pull it off with four small children!

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Martins View Post
    Like the minimalist look Creed, never felt I could pull it off with four small children!
    Absolutely correct Martins, the truth is my house is ridiculous to keep clean and it borders on the annoying at times. My carpet is near-white (sort of very light ivory) and I literally have to carpet clean it once every 3 months or so and my white leather sofa needs regular cleaning. I have to make many silly compromises at times, I definitely never recommend a white carpet or sofa! I have a white car too, I've given up even bothering to clean that

Style Icon
    My wife and I are both quite keen on getting our home in order, but since we're always going for consensus on what we get for our home, it's quite a slow process. We've lived for two years in our current place, and only now are we starting to agree on what goes on the walls.

We both like lots of colours and a touch of 1950's aesthetic - no minimalism or monochrome colour schemes for us! I'd put some pictures up, but it's rarely tidy enough for a photo shoot. The kids make a mess of it quicker than we can clean!

@Martins: I like what you've done! Almost the opposite of how my home, but I can still appreciate that clean look. We've got that Banksy with the escaping heart baloon on our wall as well. I wanted the one where a bobby is frisking a little girl, but my wife wouldn't have it.

@Ivan: We've got an identical sideboard to the one you've got your TV on. I like your mix of modern and vintage.

@Creed: I love the patterned wall behind the TV!

Style Icon
    A few more tweaks to the interior with the delivery of a couple of sofas today

Sofa chair bed in the spare room for guests. With and without the green cushion! I'm very much into bright colours, with the memphis milano look being a bit of an obsession of mine https://www.flickr.com/photos/memphis-milano

Also a new sofa in the lounge from bluesuntree

I also restored a 1987 swatch maxi vasily which is now hanging down the landing - it's 210cm long!

I know I'm late, Creed, but the house is looking amazing!

Style Icon
    Cheers Ivan! I'm so fussy with my house, forever changing my mind but I'm pretty happy with the way it looks at the moment. The spare room is to become a shrine to an interior design style made famous by a company called memphis milano - bright colours and heavy 80s styling. On Tuesday I'm meeting an antiques dealer who has an ultra rare clock which has even sold at Christies before. It's not the best looking clock in the world, but it's authentic and I LOVE IT

Trend Setter
    Love your place Creed.

Late to the thread but will post some pics of my first gaff up tonight. It's very much a work in progress!

Great to see some people places, nice to see some lads paying as much attention to their home as they do their clothes.

Coming to the end of renovating my place, so here's some pics.

Just got to finish the garden now, which is a huge task! But it'll be worth it as we've got orchards front and back so it's pretty peaceful.

+ Reply to Thread