FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Style at Home

I was wondering how many of you like to extend your stamp of style to your home? Do you put thought into how your home reflects your personality as much as your clothes do?

Would be great if we could use this thread to showcase our home styling efforts, whether its a pictorial tour of your house, photos of your 'man room' or a pic of some styling in your bedroom, please share here.

I will post some pictures up as soon as my kids have left and I can tidy up!

Good idea for a thread

My gf & I definitely put a lot of thought into our home decor. It's much more of an evolutionary thing than clothes though, and takes a lot more consideration to get right as experimentation is costly and time consuming

Will try to post some pics soon

Fashionisto
    As promised, here are some pics of my living room, I'll try and get some more pics up tomorrow. I try to instil some 'gentlemans club' feel into it as I love this style, hence the dark wood (which is dark brown not black as it appears in the pics). Would love a club chair and a chesterfield but the room won't really accommodate them well, it's a strange layout.

Apologies for the crap pics, iphone 5 camera is not great.

FashionBeans Staff
    well placed esquire.

Living in a shared house leaves me very little room for design within, well, my bedroom, especially since my room is about the size of a cupboard and has just enough room for a small double bed, my clothes rail and a chest of draws. Seriously, the remaining floor space can't measure more than a metre and a half square.

I will however continue to design my perfect man pad.....in my head.

Here's a few pics of what we've got going on. As I said, it's all work in progress

Fashionisto
    Ivan, I really like the look you are going for, especially the furniture pieces.

Thanks man

All of our wooden living room furniture pieces are vintage 60s hardwood

You can pick up some really good deals

Fashionisto
    Randomly decided to decorate my downstairs toilet today, was just a plain magnolia box so I painted and added some accessories. Pretty pleased with the results.

Interesting to see some of your places. Still finishing off a few bits at my place after renovating it for the past 10 months. Will post some pics soon.

Trend Setter
    I'm a huge fan of interior decor, only issue with that is I'm always changing my mind! I live in a small house so no scope for anything exciting like centrepieces etc. I prefer bright and bold, here's my current decor:

Lounge -

Kitchen -

Bedroom -

Random shelf -

My old flat was a similar set up in the lounge with another mural -

+ Reply to Thread