FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Cigar fans

I'm just sitting in the evening sum drinking sailor jerry and smoking a Romeo and wondering if anyone else on here is a fan of cigars?

Nat

Style Icon
    Yes sir. And good choice. I've been to the factory where they're made in Havana. Fascinating process.

If you like Scotch, then I recommend something smoky from Islay to go with it. Bowmore, something like that.

Fashionisto
    That sounds like it would be amazing. I was meant to go to Cuba on honeymoon but couldn't. Definitely somewhere I need to visit.

Romeos are my preferred smoke. Tried a few in that strength but keep going back. Got a bolivar and cohiba in the humidor ready for the next summers eve. Not a scotch/whiskey fan although a friend drinks godfather (whiskey/amaretto) when he smokes and that's good.

Tried an Irish cigar in dublin and that's a good blend. Short smokes and really easy!

Fashionisto
    Nice Islay and a Montecristo for me. Doesn't happen too often mind, maybe twice a year.
    @eph89

Style Icon
    Cigars are a bit too much for me, they take too long to finish. I rather have cigarillos. Al Capone Sweets, preferably.

Nat

Style Icon
    It's a rare treat for me too - maybe one or two a year. Cohibas are my preferred. How do RyJ compare to them?

I normally go for a Siglo III, but Marc's right - they take a bloody age to smoke. Nothing better than a warm summer's eve round the chiminea with some single malt and a few friends though.

Fuck me, I'm getting old.....

I had a boys night recently and we smoked a Cohiba with Wild Turkey whiskey. It's a bourbon but it accompanied the Cohiba perfectly.

this is delicious

Quote Originally Posted by texasranger View Post
    I had a boys night recently and we smoked a Cohiba with Wild Turkey whiskey. It's a bourbon but it accompanied the Cohiba perfectly.
    This looks very delicious, Nice try.

+ Reply to Thread