FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 Last

Yes, The Boardwalk Empire and Madmen are my favourite series in terms of outfit selection.
    my moon my man

the devil wears prada- its a good movie and they talk about good designers.

James Bond flicks, Fight Club at the beginning, and WallStreet
    Gabriel
    Marketing Strategist for a cool company that specializes in women's shoes, golf shoes, fitness shoes and men's shoes. Ask me a marketing question, I'm happy to help!

Equilibrium (with Christian Bale), and about designers (Yohji Yamamoto) "Notebook on cities and clothes".

fashionable men in movies

I too am looking for more movies where there's an emphasis on men's fashion, but there are a few that i can easily think of:
    1.) Alfie (1966/2004) Both the michael caine original and the jude law remake have fantastic (and i mean FANTASTIC) men's style. I just want to be them everytime i see that movie. A perfect hollywood visual style in the remake (with heavy 60s influence), while the original is very 60s, and of its time.
    2.) Lucky Number Slevin (2006) Josh Hartnet looks fantastic in this picture, seriously. From argyle sweater vests to big 3/4-length P-coats. Brilliant.
    3.) Wicker Park (2004) On the subject of Josh Hartnet, this one is also great, a bit more reserved than the above, but still some great winter (Chicago) fashion through-out
    4.) The Adjustment Bureau (2011) Matt Damon plays a presidential candidate so obviously he's in suits for most of the movie. Unlike the younger, hipper look of Josh Hartnet in Lucky Number Slevin, Damon plays off a much more professional businessman-like quality with very reserved suits. Mostly blue in theme.
    5.) Gangster no. 1 (2000) British Gangster/crime film set in the 60s, so it has brilliant 60s men's fashion with tailored skinny suits for days! Paul Bettany looks killer, literally!
    6.) Inception (2010) This one i think most people recognize as a very stylish film, both in effects and in wardrobe. Especially Joseph Gordon Levitt, who looks brilliant in a 3-piece suit.

on top of that i'd recommend these all as movies, themselves. They all rank among my favourites. So, it's worth watching them all, especially for all the brilliant dapper men's fashion

Hilarious movie indeed ...........

For a little matured man, PRETTY WOMAN though more of woman's fashion but still you could have a look at how Richard Gere dressed in that movie.HEAD OVER HEALS is a little old one movie but would be nice to see Freddie Prinze, Jr. cool and relaxed style of dress...

Banned
    The Talented Mr Ripley. By far the most stylish film I've seen! Well, I suppose it depends on your style but it's set in Italy and the outfits are awesome. Jude Law's look throughout is just amazing while Matt Damon rocks the preppy American look. Definitely watch it if you've never seen it, you won't be disappointed.

Marcello Mastroianni in 8/12

Alain Delon's in Le Samourai

Jacque Tati in Platime

Not a movie centered around male fashion, but the clothing and colour palette used in Her is superb. Might be a little too shoreditch for some, but I dig the minimalist blocks of colours.

Here are some captures:

+ Reply to Thread