FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... Last
Results 51 to 60 of 235
  1. #51
    Sam

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On the sofa
    Posts
    591
    Offline
    Yeah, it is! But I can't pretend I don't like some of the bands they dig up. A lot of them are crap though, definitely. But I like Howler. I like to think of them as a 1950s Strokes. Which is probably grossly inaccurate

  2. #52
    J8x

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    122
    Offline
    Frank Ocean and The Weeknd are two mainstays of my playlists these days.

  3. #53
    Seekwal's Avatar

    Fashionisto
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    84
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by J8x View Post
    Frank Ocean and The Weeknd are two mainstays of my playlists these days.
    Can't believe The Weeknd didn't make the BBC's sound of 2012.

  4. #54
    Sam

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On the sofa
    Posts
    591
    Offline
    I was gobsmacked when Lana didn't make the list. I mean, whatever you think of her, it does kind of seem like she's going to have a good 2012.

  5. #55
    billyreedwah's Avatar

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    251
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekwal View Post
    Can't believe The Weeknd didn't make the BBC's sound of 2012.
    I'm so happy that Dry the River did though!
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

  6. #56
    J8x

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    122
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I was gobsmacked when Lana didn't make the list. I mean, whatever you think of her, it does kind of seem like she's going to have a good 2012.
    She's had a top 20 hit so she's ineligible.

    I can't believe The Weeknd didn't make it either, he's released 2 solid mixtapes and is full of talent.

  7. #57
    Sam

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On the sofa
    Posts
    591
    Offline
    Touche.
    I'd like to see Howler on there but... probably a short lived flame, them. I can see them going the way of The Drums and putting out a mediocre second album. Which was a shame because Money was my favourite Drums track; the rest of that album didn't compare.
    I have to admit, I haven't heard The Weeknd. That omission of the "e" from the name is a bit suspect but I'll have to check him out.

  8. #58
    Seekwal's Avatar

    Fashionisto
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    84
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Touche.
    I'd like to see Howler on there but... probably a short lived flame, them. I can see them going the way of The Drums and putting out a mediocre second album. Which was a shame because Money was my favourite Drums track; the rest of that album didn't compare.
    I have to admit, I haven't heard The Weeknd. That omission of the "e" from the name is a bit suspect but I'll have to check him out.
    His debut album Echoes of Silence comes out on the 21st of December. Expect him to become a lot more popular after that.


    Also: There's a new Burial EP coming out!

  9. #59
    Nath6644's Avatar

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    966
    Offline
    Fionn Regan
    Emmy the Great
    Frightened Rabbit
    The Twilight Sad
    Manchester Orcestra
    Lucy Rose
    Gabrielle Aplin -definately keep an eye on her!

    It's all about the melodramatic, folk-tinged indie acoustic for me at the moment. So shoot me!

  10. #60
    Jay's Avatar
    Jay

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    632
    Offline
    Now that 2011 is almost over, i've been looking back at the great records I've listened to this year, and I keep coming back to Clams Casino - Instrumentals. For me, the best record released this year. And the best track with the best beats on the album is Motivation, below*, which even Lil B's terrible rapping can't ruin:



    *Not the version from the Clams Casino album I know, but from Lil B's Angel's Exodus.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts