FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 Last
Results 11 to 20 of 40
  1. #11
    Sam

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On the sofa
    Posts
    591
    Offline
    Actually I want to revise my selection to Lou Reed, John Cale, Nico, Sterling Morrison and Moe Tucker.

    In fact screw it I'll do this properly:

    The Velvet Underground (and Nico)
    Iggy and the Stooges
    The Smiths
    My Bloody Valentine
    Suede

    And that's chronological because it is impossible for me to choose between those five.
    There are more of course.

  2. #12

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    543
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    I fear I have entered my metal phase at the wrong time, I seem to be doing it as I get to the stage where my tastes should have matured a little. Thankfully I've gone through my Hip Hop stage, I still enjoy it, I just won't be buying too much more.
    I've often wondered if I will hit this stage. Is it possible to still enjoy rap when I'm 80? Give me an Eminem track from 2000 over Mumford and Sons any day.

  3. #13

    Fashionisto
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    57
    Offline
    1. The Black Keys
    2. Rolling Stones
    3. The Libertines
    4. Led Zep
    5. Biffy Clyro

    Honourable mentions go to Frank Turner, Arctic Monkeys, NIN. The list would change all the time though tbh. The Black Keys are a constant favourite, as are the Stones. Other than that though, most bands in a top 10 would change weekly if not daily. Led Zep, for example. Some times I love em, other times they do my head in!

  4. #14
    Black Sheep Boy's Avatar

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brighton/Dorset
    Posts
    611
    Offline
    If my lastfm is to be believed:

    1. Elliott Smith
    2. Mogwai
    3. Sigur Rós
    4. The Smiths
    5. Belle & Sebastian

    Not convinced by that list but I'm not sure who I would put in it! Changes on a fairly regular basis.

  5. #15
    Nath6644's Avatar

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    966
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep Boy View Post
    If my lastfm is to be believed:

    1. Elliott Smith
    2. Mogwai
    3. Sigur Rós
    4. The Smiths
    5. Belle & Sebastian

    Not convinced by that list but I'm not sure who I would put in it! Changes on a fairly regular basis.
    FUCK I forgot Elliott Smith as well!!!! Though his music would probably get me down in the "desert island" scenario...

  6. #16
    Black Sheep Boy's Avatar

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brighton/Dorset
    Posts
    611
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Nath6644 View Post
    FUCK I forgot Elliott Smith as well!!!! Though his music would probably get me down in the "desert island" scenario...
    Haha, yeah, not exactly what you want in that situation.
    I struggle to find truly cheery music in my library to be honest...hopefully not a reflection of my personality

  7. #17
    Nath6644's Avatar

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    966
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep Boy View Post
    Haha, yeah, not exactly what you want in that situation.
    I struggle to find truly cheery music in my library to be honest...hopefully not a reflection of my personality
    So true. When I examined my spotify libary the other day and realised how many of my favourite artists had comitted suicide, it was a bit grim!

  8. #18
    Black Sheep Boy's Avatar

    Style Icon
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brighton/Dorset
    Posts
    611
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Nath6644 View Post
    So true. When I examined my spotify libary the other day and realised how many of my favourite artists had comitted suicide, it was a bit grim!
    Yeah, I've done that too before. Elliott Smith, Nick Drake, Ian Curtis... Ah well, I'm happy being a depressing bugger with my music taste, just don't ask me to provide the music for a party...

  9. #19
    Seekwal's Avatar

    Fashionisto
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    84
    Offline
    Bands Only:

    Arctic Monkeys
    Bloc Party
    Foals
    The Maccabees
    QOTSA

  10. #20
    Tone's Avatar

    Trend Setter
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    341
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekwal View Post
    Bands Only:

    Arctic Monkeys
    Bloc Party
    Foals
    The Maccabees
    QOTSA
    This is why this thread is an impossible task because I've picked my top 5 and didn't include Foals and Arctic Monkeys! I also love Sigur Ros and so on...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts