FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Forum Loading

Not too sure if its just me, but recently, the last couple of weeks or so the forum has been taking ages to load, and sometimes not load at all, with the layout all changed. Not sure if its a common fault or not? Cheers Pete

Trend Setter
    I'm on virginmedia broadband using chrome and have no issues here.

Editor-In-Chief
    Hi Pete,

I haven't noticed any issues with the forum taking a long time to load - however there is the odd occassion that the style sheet doesn't load properly (hence the layout changes or looks broken). I think the stylesheet issue is just something to do with the cacheing software that actually looks to help speed up the speed of the forum but usually it is ok again if you do a force refresh (shift + F5) or clear your cache.

There might be some slowdown if spammers are using bots to try and register loads of accounts and post spam messages, but this also doesn't happen too often. Unfortunately it is something you have to try and deal with when running a forum!

Please let me know if you do find it to be a persistent issue, as the settings and hardware have not been changed recently.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Founder & Editor In Chief of FashionBeans.com. If you have any questions about the site or want to help out in moderating our forums, please send me a PM.

Our regular readers should check out FitnessBeans.com - our brand new website concentrating on men's health and fitness.

+ Reply to Thread