FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    Jay

Style Icon

Reporting Spam

This morning the forum seems overrun with spam. I'm all for being a good forum member and reporting it, but of you make me wait 60 seconds between each report and it means it will take me 15 minutes to do it, I'm not going to bother.

Please remove the report spam timer (although keeping a posting timer is absolutely a sensible thing to do).

Editor-In-Chief
    Thanks Jay. I will look into the back end options and sort it today
    Founder & Editor In Chief of FashionBeans.com. If you have any questions about the site or want to help out in moderating our forums, please send me a PM.

Our regular readers should check out FitnessBeans.com - our brand new website concentrating on men's health and fitness.

Jay

Style Icon
    Thanks.

I did try and report as much as I could as I browsed

Editor-In-Chief
    Yeah I noticed that you report a lot and I am VERY thankful for that whilst we build up a team of moderators.

I have now implemented 2 changes which should combat it:

Your first post as a new member will always need to be moderated. After that you will be upgraded automatically to a new user group which allows you to post freely. Hopefully this will get rid of those spammers looking to come in and post links immediately.

I have reduced the limit on the report link to 5 seconds just to stop double reports of the same thread. I did this via a plugin mod so please let me know if this hasn't worked.

Hopefully this will make it easier to control and even stop the spammers!
    Founder & Editor In Chief of FashionBeans.com. If you have any questions about the site or want to help out in moderating our forums, please send me a PM.

Our regular readers should check out FitnessBeans.com - our brand new website concentrating on men's health and fitness.

+ Reply to Thread