FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Images In Posts

I have been trying to copy and paste images into posts but it doesnt seem to work and its driving me mad as I also dont have the option to upload images so I can use it in post either. the first post i ever did allowed me to do this though

Doesnt matter what size I make it. Been using jpg format.

The option to manage attachments isnt available either. It is probably something simple but I have tried everything.

What is it im doing wrong????????

Thats weird, have you tried a website for uploading? Ive been using this-> TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting , once you upload the picture you get few links and one of them is to post images on the forum.

I hope this helps.
    Dream of the impossible and you already part-way there!

Style Icon
    To post pictures, click the button that looks like a window with the four corners marked by dots and a little tree in it, and then past the URL of the image you are trying to submit. It works every time.

Re: Ben - But what if the image is stored on your laptop and not from a website????

Style Icon
    I have yet to try this.

Usually if I have to do this, though, I would upload the photo first on a website like photobucket and then proceed to do what I stated above.

I can't seem to see any button which allows us to upload from our computers.

Editor-In-Chief
    Hi,

Sorry I missed this. Ben is correct when he states that you have to link to a url on the internet to share images. We do not currently allow users to upload images to their account as it would increase the load on our servers too much and in the end increase the cost of storage massively. Whilst we are continuing to try and grow the forum we need to keep costs down.

There are plenty of free image hosting sites out there like photobucket however, so you should not have a problem finding one that suits your needs.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Founder & Editor In Chief of FashionBeans.com. If you have any questions about the site or want to help out in moderating our forums, please send me a PM.

Our regular readers should check out FitnessBeans.com - our brand new website concentrating on men's health and fitness.

+ Reply to Thread