FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    Jay

Style Icon

Skimwords

is it possible to disable this? It's incredibly annoying to post and find that the forum creates links to items of clothing that you never intended it to. I posted earlier and mentioned 'bright blue chinos' and 'flat panel' and the site created links to two hideous items of clothing I never asked it to.

Please make it stop!

Editor-In-Chief
    Hi,

Obviously as a company we need to find a way to offset the cost of running the forum so we can bring it to you free of charge. So with this in mind we are trying different ways to monetise it. Skimwords is one of these ways, as well as the banner ads you can see at the top and bottom of the pages.

However, I can understand that it is a bit frustrating and looking at the actual stats it doesn't seemed to have made much difference to the earning potential of the forum, so we have brought down the aggressiveness of the skimwords in order to just match fashion domain names/shops only and not individual random items.

I might even be able to set the aggressiveness so that registered members get just shop names and unregistered guests get all the links. For now though this has been changed so give it 15 minutes and they should disappear.

Thanks,
    Ben
    Founder & Editor In Chief of FashionBeans.com. If you have any questions about the site or want to help out in moderating our forums, please send me a PM.

Our regular readers should check out FitnessBeans.com - our brand new website concentrating on men's health and fitness.

Jay

Style Icon
    That's much less intrusive now it's been changed, so thanks.
    Last edited by Jay; 13-10-2011 at 07:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread