FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 Last

FashionBeans Staff
    I like the uppers, but I think the sole needs to be a tiny tiny bit chunkier, I guess that would be solved by them being goodyear welted but they aren't going to be made like that. Still a good alternative. I'm glad to see everyone is getting in on the Double Monks action.

Trend Setter
    Really like these.
    Cheers for the heads up Ben!

Style Icon
    No worries mate! I remember you were interested in buying a pair, so if you are looking at a pair in this colour, I don't think you will find anything nicer for the money.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    No worries mate! I remember you were interested in buying a pair, so if you are looking at a pair in this colour, I don't think you will find anything nicer for the money.
    Yup you're right.

I don't need much in the way of persuasion but you've just squashed any doubts I had. Haha.

So whenever these bad boys become available, I'm all over them!

I think with shoes it is often difficult to find something decent without spending some good money. If you are on a budget, and not looking to wear it heavily then I think it is a decent buy. With shoes like these, I tend to buy suede as from experience the leather keeps to a better condition than the leather itself.

Trend Setter
    These appeared on the Zara site brriedly a few days ago, and only in selected sizes. Other sizes still said 'coming soon'. They then changed it so that every size said ''back soon" or something. Now they seem to all be out of stock. Anyone else have any luck with these?

Style Icon
    I saw that as well. Didn't get a single e-mail from Zara, but then again I didn't see them online in the size I selected.

Style Icon
    Please excuse the double post, it would appear the item is now in stock in every size other than a 10 (and thankfully the Zara e-mail notification did work), however I still can't afford it.

SHOE WITH BUCKLES - Shoes - Man - ZARA United Kingdom

Trend Setter
    My local Zara luckily had a pair of these in my size and I went and tried them on yesterday. I don't really have the money but am easily persuaded to part with it normally! I left the store without these though. The colour was great and I liked the way they looked on, but the quality just seemed really shoddy. The Buckles are only attached with bits of elastic and the buckles themselves did not feel very substantial. The straps felt like they would fray/break really easily, and the leather the shoes are made from was really soft in general. The soles felt thin and had little pins in the bottom.

I know they are only cheap shoes and it was good to reaffirm that cheap shoes are not worth the money! To be honest 70 does not even feel like a small amount of money, probably because I have been very lucky at finding second hand or sale quality shoes generally. For example, I took a look in TK max and saw some Bass Weejun's for 45! They had some goodyear welted brogues for 25 too. Luckily I didn't need, or want, either of those!

Still, a shame, because it made me want a pair of double monk straps even more! Ha. I guess I will save for the Loake Canon's, though I think I would prefer something a bit lighter.

Maybe I am wrong and the shoes will last for ages. Be interested to see what others think if they get a pair or see them in the flesh.

Style Icon
    Thanks for the heads up, I might look elsewhere now. Might man up and order a pair from Samual Windsor. I could always send them back if the quality looks shoddy.
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

+ Reply to Thread