FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide

View Poll Results: What boots will you be wearing this season?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brogue Boots

10 34.48%
  • Hiking Boots

6 20.69%
  • Military Boots

7 24.14%
  • Worker Boots

6 20.69%
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

FashionBeans Staff

Boot Poll - What Boots Will You be Wearing This Season?

So, what boots WILL you be wearing this season? what are your reasons?

Answer the poll and then let me know in below.

NB - should your choice not be on the poll just say what it is and why in the comments below.

Jay

Style Icon
    The brogue boot most definitely. I'm all about the heritage look: tweed, classic tailoring, quality knits, Fair Isle, etc. Brogue boots suit the look down to the ground - classic yet modern, sharp enough to be worn with tailored items, but rough enough for cold winter days.

I'd buy a pair of Grenson's if they made the damn things in my size, but, as they don't, these are on my shopping list (I prefer my boots more on the sharper, formal side that all out ruggedness):

http://www.tedbaker.com/men%27s/men%...ot/detail.aspx

Brogues are the best because they are practical and smart, which also works with the trench coat I recently bought. I'm not sure what colour I'm going for just yet though.

Sam

Style Icon
    I default to a trusty pair of tan deck boots, actually - they're a more unexpected choice, I think. Well, the fact they didn't turn up in the poll is evidence enough! Or maybe I'm out of fashion
    I would love a brogue boot though; my favourite thing to wear with double denim.

brogue boots, because it is classy yet can be fit with many types of clothes.
    also it looks better with the style i'm going this winter

FashionBeans Staff
    Its a tight contest between Brogue and Military Boots. No one wants to give their military boots up just yet do they!

All of the above tbh!

Love my brogues most I think but it all comes down to the rest of the outfit.

@Sam, I hadn't thought of the brogue boots with double denim look, might have to sport that one soon!

Sam

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin Money View Post
    @Sam, I hadn't thought of the brogue boots with double denim look, might have to sport that one soon!
    It's a good one, yeah Double denim is normally pretty set in stone so I enjoy tweaking where I can! Looking for a pair of tan chelsea boots for the same reason, found a nice Kurt Geiger pair but not fond of the brogueing, and a nice Loake pair... but I can't really afford them! And a Jeffery West... but ditto the Loakes. And a couple more with friggin square toe caps, which are just nasty so yeah Might do what I promised myself I wouldn't do and buy a pair from Topman!
    That's a point. Do chelsea boots count here? They're easily my favourites! Or are they too lightweight?

FashionBeans Staff
    Chelsea boots are a perfectly acceptable alternative, I myself own a black pair that I have had for the last 3 years from Office, for £60 I'm quite impressed by their longevity, even though I don't wear them too much; they do need resoling though. I have however never really ventured past wearing them with my black jeans, I just can't get my head around blue jeans or trousers with black shoes, in fact I can't get my head round black shoes with anything other than black, I find the contrast a little too harsh for my liking, tan or brown is always the safest option.

Sam

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    Chelsea boots are a perfectly acceptable alternative, I myself own a black pair that I have had for the last 3 years from Office, for £60 I'm quite impressed by their longevity, even though I don't wear them too much; they do need resoling though. I have however never really ventured past wearing them with my black jeans, I just can't get my head around blue jeans or trousers with black shoes, in fact I can't get my head round black shoes with anything other than black, I find the contrast a little too harsh for my liking, tan or brown is always the safest option.
    I do enjoy a black shoe with a mutedly colourful trouser- like these: Dark Purple Skinny Chinos - Skinny Fit - Mens Chinos & Casual Trousers - Clothing - TOPMAN[261031|207181] - but I agree, with blue jeans, stone chinos and all manner of other common trousers they're pretty unsightly! I also find a simple black belt helps to make a black shoe more palatable.
    It's the Beatles connection that does it for me!

+ Reply to Thread