FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    JRB

English Handmade Shoes- Loake vs Barker

Hi all,

I'm stuck between deciding on two different brogues from either the Loake 1880 range or a discounted pair from Barker's Anniversary International Handcrafted Collection. The Barkers cost a little bit more than the Loakes, however I want to know just how much of a step up in quality they are from the Loakes. Does anyone have any experience with these two shoe makes?

Trend Setter
    I have a couple of pairs of Barkers and they are good shoes that have lasted me well. That said, Loake are a good manufacturer too. Neither are quite the premiere league of shoe makers but both are proper traditional Northampton shoemakers offering a very good product.

I'd go for which ever you like the look of - and feel of on - the most.

Fashionisto
    At the risk of sounding like I'm being paid by Cheaney's, check out their sale shoes, which will be around 195. Look in the shops (if you're in London of course) as there is more choice than online.

Style Icon
    If you're in London, I recommend to check out Discount Shoe Sales at Strutton Ground (near Victoria Station). They've got a lot of Loake's, and they're about 50 cheaper than anywhere else I've looked - a pair of the 1880 line will be about 140.

I bought a pair of Loake's Chester brogues there myself a couple of weeks ago, but it still being winter and wet, I've not had the chance to try them out for real yet.

+ Reply to Thread