FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Please help! What is damaging my shoes?

I have three pairs all with these tiny pits appearing on the surface. Just using Saphir cream & wax and not polishing too hard or for a very long time.
    I work in an office and only wear the shoes indoors, not too and from. The regime is, shoes off, trees in, a light mist of water and a dust off with cloth.
    They are size 44 and the trees are Woodlore Epics in the large size. I did try the medium sized trees but they did not reach the heel. I would say these are a snug fit and not too hard to remove.
    It is not normal wear and tear. Pictures are below. In the bottom picture you can see more pits to the left of where the arrow is.

Looks like the top shoe was dry and cracked, and then the second looks as if a thread came undone or cracked as well:0

Style Icon
    No idea what it is but I've got something similar on a leather satchel...some kind of leatherivorous bug was my guess...

THM

Fashionisto
    Are you sure they weren't always there? It's not uncommon for leather to have marks and scars from the cows wandering into barbed wire!

That said, the second one just looks like an imperfection in the glue to the sole.

Both are so minor that I wouldn't be too bothered personally.

+ Reply to Thread