FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Shoe of the summer

What style of boot/shoe do yous think will be on trend this summer?

Seen some things about the desert boot again but surely this cant be its 12495759 season in trend and something new is gonna appear

Trend Setter
    Don't know about you but I'm gonna be (hopefully) rocking a suede loafer.

Yep, suede tassel loafers and woven leather espadrilles will be gracing my feet. Also leather sandals for holiday / when the weather is really good.

Desert boots are all good, but I wouldn't describe them as on-trend. They are just a classic look that will never go out of fashion, but always strike me as a little bit of a safe option. That said, they are looking pretty good in some of the honeyed hues starting to crop up as the season develops.

Oh, something a little more specific, if you don't know about a brand called Maians they are definitely worth checking out. They make some awesome summer crossover styles that can be worn smart or casually. Also, they are impregnated with a bubblegum smell, meaning your feet can small lovely even when going sockless in the summer.

I have these ones:

Here are some more of their styles:

Style Icon
    I'm not a big loafer fan, but the ones in the top picture looks like something I'd be interested in. Will check them out. Thanks for the tip!

As I said, not a big loafer fan, but I think that suede loafers will be on the rise this summer. I like the suede bit of it, so I'm thinking about buying a pair of suede boat shoes.

Considering we all seem to be talking about shoes made of suede, perhaps it's more suede as a material that will be on-trend this year?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post
    I'm not a big loafer fan, but the ones in the top picture looks like something I'd be interested in. Will check them out. Thanks for the tip!

As I said, not a big loafer fan, but I think that suede loafers will be on the rise this summer. I like the suede bit of it, so I'm thinking about buying a pair of suede boat shoes.

Considering we all seem to be talking about shoes made of suede, perhaps it's more suede as a material that will be on-trend this year?
    Suede is just great for the summer imo

If you want some suede boat shoes, Sperry is the one for you.

I have these, they just keep getting better

Fashionisto
    I feel like you all have so much more money than me! I'm not poor by any means, but I just can't bring myself to spend $80 on a shoe even if the quality is great. I absolutely love those Maians that you posted Pin. They are SICK. But, once again, way out of my price range.

I just wanted a simple pair of Sperry Originals in light brown, but I am not finding any for a reasonable price. Any suggestions on where to buy good shoes for an even better price?

Style Icon
    Going off topic for a bit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    I feel like you all have so much more money than me! I'm not poor by any means, but I just can't bring myself to spend $80 on a shoe even if the quality is great.
    I am in no way rich, but I make a good living. I'm a software system developer and a programmer. That said, I still don't spend an awful lot on clothes in relation to what I make. I know people who spend more on clothes, and make substatially less than I. In fact, I still buy most things on sale, discount or second hand. You can always dress well by spending a lot of cash, but part of the fun is to find the bargains, in my opinion. And building a good wardrobe should take time, so you find out what you like and what you need.

I used to spend very little on shoes, until I decided I needed to up my standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    I absolutely love those Maians that you posted Pin. They are SICK. But, once again, way out of my price range.
    I agree. The Maians are very nice, but a bit too pricey for thin summer shoes. They're on my watch list, though. I'll probably snag a pair if I find them on sale. Mind you, that sale is probably AFTER summer. So I'll likely buy them to wear next summer.

J8x

Trend Setter
    I'm of the opinion that shoes can make or break an outfit and are worth spending money on. That said I think about 50% of my income goes on clothes which isn't ideal to say the least.

On topic, I have a pair of brown suede brogue style shoes from Kurt Geiger which are perfect for summer but this year, when I'm not wearing Nikes on my feet I'm hopefully going to be in a good pair of loafers. Can't decide on penny or tasseled but once I find the perfect pair they'll get plenty of wear. Got an old pair of Sperry Top siders from a couple of summers back too if I'm feeling nautical. I think the desert boot has been overdone and wouldn't class it as a Summer shoe, Spring and Autumn are where they're more appropriate. Summer is an excuse to get the ankles out to see a bit of sun and I think we should take full advantage of this as males.

+ Reply to Thread