FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Loafer dilemma

I'm sure there's a pun in that title somewhere.

Hi guys, I've just got these loafers off of asos;

ASOS | ASOS Tassel Loafers in Suede at ASOS really like them, I think they look cool and are super comfy. But my mum did point out that I may get a lot of jibes about me wearing slippers (don't worry I did ask for her honest opinion, she didn't just insult me )

I was going to wear them casually with various shorts, rolled up chinos and possibly jeans and basic tees, polos and shirts. Nothing fussy or complicated, just some simple stripped back summer looks for the beer gardens and possibly to college.

What do you guys think? Should I wear them regardless of the retirement home jokes? Should I return them and get something a bit more formal to avoid the slipper look? Or should I just give up on loafers altogether? Or just move to Italy where loafers are more widely accepted than the south of England?

Before anyone says 'how about these ones from Gucci?', a you guessed I'm on a limited budget so please bear that in mind

Cheers guys.

Link doesn't work.

Loafers do look a bit like slippers, but they are also awesome. I've never had any slipper comments on any of mine.

Sorry about the link, they are fringed tassel ones in a mid-brown suede, I would upload a photo but my digital camera is broken.

Thanks for the comment glad you agree with me! I guess it's just a matter of confidence really, if I do get any comments I'll just have to shake it off.

If you like them, wear them thats what i say i personally love the loafer and slipper look but its not everyones cup of tea.

Your not here to please everyone just ask yourself if you like them and if you do rock it, and rock it with nothing but confidence

+ Reply to Thread