FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Not Sure What Kind of Shoes to Get

Hey guys, I'm 17 years old and about to back to school in about a month. I want to make a fashionable impression in terms of footwear.

At my school guys tend to wear basic skate shoes such as vans. I was wondering whether i should go with the flow or try something different.

Right now I'm contemplating a few different styles: snakeskin patterned vans, navy blue desert boots, or some classic new balance trainers.

What are your opinions? All kinds of answers are welcome

HKG

I'm also 17 and would definitely recommend desert boots! I've found that they take your style a notch above those wearing trainers without standing out too dramatically. As for the colour, it depends what you'd wear with them. Brown would be most versatile but if you're looking to make more of an impression, blue or another less common shoe colour would be perfect. I remember seeing some bright ones at tk maxx which could be pretty cool.

Trend Setter
    Desert Boots are awesome! I'm getting a brown leather version for maximum versatility (and for protection against rain), but a sand suede colour could work just as well when paired with dark jeans or chinos.

+ Reply to Thread