FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Oxblood

So I know black footwear goes with everything but brown trousers, and brown shoes go with everything but black trousers but what about oxblood, does oxblood fall under brown?

Trend Setter
    No. Oxblood is burgundy, not brown, so should look fine with black.

Nat

Style Icon
    I. Heart. Oxblood. Something a bit different from standard black or brown, and very versatile colour.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    I. Heart. Oxblood. Something a bit different from standard black or brown, and very versatile colour.
    How versatile exactly?

I wear a lot of black and grey so I'm not sure if I could wear burgundy shoes with those colors, however I do own a burgundy basic tee which I sometimes wear under a black shirt. I'm kind of hoping to get into some more earthy colors like brown and green though, I think I'd avoid green trousers because it would like a Christmas Tree and yellow trousers because of Ronald McDonald.
    Last edited by CosmicVagrant; 14-08-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Nat

Style Icon
    I wear mine with grey, navy, stone, off-white. Anything really. I've not worn them with black, as I don't wear black that much, but it would work I reckon. There was an article on here a year or so ago about black and burgundy together.

Depends how green I guess. I would prefer more olivey hues than a bright green anyway.

Definitely get a pair if you can.

Fashionisto
    I've been considering the oxblood color because it may help me break out of the black jeans I'm used to wearing, I was just gonna get black shoes but figured everyone says you look like a waiter and to be honest it can be boring. I think I might get some navy, grey or stone like you've mentioned.

What about a wine or mulberry color trousers, like similar color to burgundy I guess, would that work as well? I was looking at the trousers/shoes combo and it recommends black with black or brown with brown, so it would be burgundy with burgundy I suppose.

What about matching leather? Should I be looking for burgundy belts because I only ever see black and brown belts in the high street stores? I don't wear belts right now but that's only really because I haven't seen any I've liked, I was considering paying a bit extra since it's leather.

Nat

Style Icon
    I've got some burgundy chinos, but have never tried them with my oxblood shoes tbh. Might be a bit much. Could look slick though. Tend to go with black shoes in that instance, sometimes brown.

I haven't got an oxblood belt. I know people go on about matching your leathers, but if it's on the same kind of spectrum, I think it's fine. I tend to go for brown, or no belt.

+ Reply to Thread