FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Winter boots (white soles?) your thoughts!

Hello All, I'm currently looking for some new winter boots- I get freezing cold feet so I have decided to upgrade on my current pair of Grensons. My criteria are: wedge type sole (no heel), no leather soles as I want some grip, since I spent most of last winter slipping around! I also have seriously considered a shearling lining for warmth which lead me to, dare I say it, Ugg boots such as these: Buy Mens' Hannen Boots Online | UGG® Australia I generally wear my boots with jeans/chinos/trousers over the top (i.e. not tucked into socks etc) however this winter I wanted a change and may start to tuck in some of my slimmer heavyweight trousers with a pair of thick cable woollen socks. My question is: what do you think of the white soles? I resisted them when they came out as I thought it was a trend that would pass, that was 2011 however, are they here to stay? Also would a pair of lower profile boots be a better option for a more casual look? such as these (maybe these are too similar to the "hiker" trend that hit us a while ago?: Buy Mens' Capulin Shoes Online | UGG® Australia

Trend Setter
    I really like the first ones. Please don't get the second ones, they just look like expensive hiking boots.

Trend Setter
    out of the two i prefer the second pair, however if it were me i would get a pair of Red wing 875's.

Nat

Style Icon
    Yeah they're all good man. Like the first pair a lot. Lot of money though...

Trend Setter
    Thanks Chaps! I'm torn between the two but I would have to agree that the first pair are possibly the best The second pair reminds me too much of the timberlands worn by chavs!

Trend Setter
    Also what is everyone's feelings on Vibram white soles? are they here to stay?

+ Reply to Thread