FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Opinions on these desert boots please.

I have decided that I am going to invest in a pair of Clarks Originals and quite like these ones: http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/20353842

However, would I be better off buying a classic colour (wolf or tobacco maybe)? Is this grey/blue combo going to be short lived. If i am spending that sort of money I would rather have something that is going to last a few seasons, so would the grey version be a mistake?

All opinions welcome.
    Last edited by Varley; 12-09-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Fashionisto
    The darker the shade the easier it is to keep clean, and will always be a staple. Grey is less versatile with outfits as well, so go for brown (darker shade) as it will work with more colours.

Style Icon
    I think it's wiser to go with a more classic colour like sand, brown, navy etc.

That blue sole will limit what you'll be able to pair with them, and frankly I think there's a chance you'll tire of them quite quickly because of that. I'm not saying not to get this type of shoe, but personally I'd go for the cheaper brands that'll wear out with the novelty, as a well kept Clark's desert boot will last for years.

Went for a classic sand colour in the end. Looks good with denim, and goes well with navy chinos (which are fast becoming my go to trousers at the moment). Got a pair of Topman branded ones, as the Clarks store had no Originals in any colour. 48 seemed reasonable to me - time will tell regarding quality.

+ Reply to Thread