FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Boot predicament

I am in need of another pair of boots, I have found these and I was persuading myself to buy them as it'll be the most I've spent on a pair of shoes. Now I'm out of uni and earning I would prefer to buy something a bit better quality, current ones are knackered now, 35 bargains!

Something I failed to check was that they came in my size.

They did not.

So my question is does anyone know a similar boot to these, I like the 'rough' leather, not black and not light brown. Kind of a browny black and if possible a leather sole instead? So I'm asking for a plain brown leather lace up boot

Daniel Hechter bernard lace up boots

Not that it matters too much now but anyone have any experience with these make of boots?

Cheers,

Trend Setter
    I have these, and I'm mighty pleased with them: Mens Formal Boots - Goby Hi in Dark Brown Suede from Clarks shoes

Trend Setter
    Personally I like the ones that Sam posted better than the Zalando ones. Plus Clarks are generally good quality for the price.

Fashionisto
    I've just got these from Clark's...

Mens Casual Boots - Montacute Lord in Dark Tan Leather from Clarks shoes

I could NOT recommend them enough mate honestly. I've not taken them off. For 80 seems like they'll last me years, warm, comfortable and stylish for Clark's.
    Only thing is if ordering online, my usual shoe size was far too big for me. I got a half size down and in retrospect could probably have gone down a full size. (Don't mind so much - room to wear big chunky socks come winter).

But honestly, get involved.

P.s. - From the pics already posted, doesn't look like its the style you were after. But still thought I'd recommend.

Fashionisto
    What size do you need them in? Because it has every size from 7-11.5.

Edit: Also, came across these, thoughts?

http://www.tkmaxx.com/view-all-mens-...4,shop,21,2785
    Last edited by BrightonMike; 29-10-2013 at 12:00 AM.

Cheers for the suggestions, still haven't bought any yet so the search goes on! Those Gobi Hi ones that you suggested Sam are alright to be fair but not exactly what I want.

Mike and Acoustic, the big lace ups aren't really what I am looking for and I'm not really keen on the heel on the Loake desert boots. Appreciate the input though guys. Tell me about it Mike lots of selection on sizes 11.5 or bloody 65's but I know they will be too small.

Found some extremely good looking boots but they dont have them in my size. Men - All - Opening Ceremony 'M1' Desert Boot - b Store London I know that has just blown right through my budget but just look at them. I have got in touch to see if they will have a size 12 in any time soon but not holding my breath.

Found some others, Frank Wright
    Buy men's Frank Wright Smith boots online

Frank Wright | Frank Wright Smith Chukka Boots at ASOS

Would those black ones go with Jeans? I thought they would be ok because they aren't that smart.

Edit: After saying that Sam, the ones in the black leather are ok but looking for some with and alternate sole.
    Last edited by matt_000; 31-10-2013 at 11:59 PM.

I have a pair of these which are similar and very nice.

Hudson

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Acoustic1 View Post
    I've just got these from Clark's...

Mens Casual Boots - Montacute Lord in Dark Tan Leather from Clarks shoes

I could NOT recommend them enough mate honestly. I've not taken them off. For 80 seems like they'll last me years, warm, comfortable and stylish for Clark's.

P.s. - From the pics already posted, doesn't look like its the style you were after. But still thought I'd recommend.
    I have these as well (in a lighter tan colour though), and I'm really pleased with them. Meanwhile I'm looking to cop their Desert Boots in Leather, as they're more practical in the rain and such.

+ Reply to Thread