FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Red Wing Boots

I love these boots. I'm able to get a discount (from work) on them so they'll be less than 150 if I decide to go for them. I'm sure for some people that alone would be enough of a reason but I'm a student and money is tight so I need to make sure an investment in some winter boots is a wise one!

I was originally going to opt for some classic Timberland boots but decided against it due to the suede likely to get ruined. I'm just looking for some boots that'll last in the upcoming snow we're going to have this winter. Does anyone have any experience with Red Wing boots or have any opinions to give, I'd really appreciate it!

Trend Setter
    Well their heritage is in being a "worker" boot within the industry, they became stylish over time, but their main priority was function. Now personally I can't stop thinking about getting a pair of the ranger boots, it kills me how much they are and 150 that's a real steal on those. Also wouldn't you want to say, "these are the same boots Ryan Gosling wears?"

Trend Setter
    Well, at that price they're practically a steal. I'd go for it

Fashionisto
    Haha I knew I shouldn't have posted about the price! I know it's a big deal but they're still a little bit out of my price range so I need to really justify spending over 100 on a pair of boots

I appreciate the replies, the Ryan Gosling reason is definitely adding to my desire to buy them haha.

Does anyone have any experience with them? I've had boots with 'grip' on the bottom before and still fallen over aplenty on ice so I'm less concerned about the wedge sole in that sense, I do have a slight concern about the reinforced toe though, I've heard they can be quite uncomfortable?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Haha I knew I shouldn't have posted about the price! I know it's a big deal but they're still a little bit out of my price range so I need to really justify spending over 100 on a pair of boots

I appreciate the replies, the Ryan Gosling reason is definitely adding to my desire to buy them haha.

Does anyone have any experience with them? I've had boots with 'grip' on the bottom before and still fallen over aplenty on ice so I'm less concerned about the wedge sole in that sense, I do have a slight concern about the reinforced toe though, I've heard they can be quite uncomfortable?
    like any leather shoe, they need walking in - but once done they are comfy, ive had mine for about 2 years now and they still look really good although the sole is a bit worn now and probably will need resoling soon.

Fashionisto
    Thanks Ares, appreciate the input. Have you had any problem with the reinforced toe/heel as I've heard they can be unforgiving on socks?

Haven't had a chance to try them on properly yet, should be getting delivered to the store soon so I can give them a go. I wear insoles too so it might be interesting!

Red Wing Boots are made in America. Hand crafted steer hyde leather boots. The'll last you a lifetime with proper care and leather conditioning. You'll never need another pair of worker boots again.

I got a pair of those in dark brown in Harvey Nichols in the January sales this year for 100- bargain of the century if you ask me, I love them. I'm going to go up again in the next week in hope of finding another pair

Fashionisto
    Cannot comment on the Moc Toe's, but I had to get rid of my Work Chukka's as they were simply huge. One size down is needed, maybe one and a half sizes down for that snug fit.

Good boots though.

Des

Trend Setter
    Seriously? Please pick me up a pair of IronRangers if you can. Those and Mocs aren't exactly "last season" items so are rarely reduced unless the store is in trouble

+ Reply to Thread