FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Need a little help on what shoes to buy

Hello everyone, I'm 18 and I'm currently in the process of reinventing myself you could say and trying to improve my fashion sense which is a big step for me.

Anyway, I've bought some new clothes and discovering what colour clothes suit me (dark gingerish hair with hazel eyes and pale skin). I'm really liking the look of chinos so I bought a beige and a dark green pair recently because I want to shy away from wearing jeans on a daily basis and just looking like everyone else.

However my lack of diversity in the shoes I wear is a big problem as I basically just used to wear skateboarding shoes all the time(Skateboarding is a hobby) which are way too chunky to flow with them so I'm not wearing them right now.

I'm aiming for a more smart-casual look you could say and I don't really want to turn to the typical converse pair that a lot of people have or something that is a bit too well dressed if I'm just going to school most of the time.

I found a pair of these brogue hybid vans shoes which I kind of like look of but I still feel a bit unsure and I think there may be better options out there.
    Vans Era Brogue CA Shoes
    Or maybe something more along the lines of a pair of desert shoes perhaps.

I'm brand new to wearing these types of clothes so I best take advice from you guys since I'm a bit of a dweeb when it comes to fashion sense; I'd love to hear what you guys can tell me or recommend me.

Cheers
    -Jon
    Last edited by overtoad; 12-11-2013 at 04:26 PM.

You can try "Authentic Vans" (not the chunky vans meant for skate boarding) for a cassual look with chinos, Clarks Desert Boot if your trying to dress it up more and Sperry Topsiders go well with just about everything.

Like you I didn't want to go for the typical Converse look, so I got the Converse Jack Purcell trainers and they're perfect. Just different enough but still classic and with less branding.

The shoes you posted there are nice.
    If you want to step it up a notch I'd recommend some shoes from Aldo.
    I have a pair like this in a darker blue TURI - men's sneakers shoes for sale at ALDO Shoes.

If you're going down the smart casual rout, have a look on J. Crew's website for ideas

+ Reply to Thread