FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Faded black jeans with a small turn-up look great with any footwear in any shade of brown. Imo, of course. Not everyone can pull it off.

Jay

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nath6644 View Post
    Thanks Sam, great advice. I was in London today and saw quite alot of people wearing the "faux pas" of brown and black. This gave me hope but when I got back, it still doesn't look great. Not bad, but not great.
    I'm thinking of investing in some burgandy chinos? However, these might not suit my style, so what colour should i go for if i want something more subdued but also something that works with those boots?
    Go for the burgundy chinos! They'd look great with the desert boots. But if you're feeling that they might be a little wild for your tastes, how about a mustard colour (becoming a slight cliche, but it's still a good look) or a dark shade of blue.

Reading this thread back shows the problem with asking for advice on the internet. Ultimately, you'll get every possible answer from 'brown and black look great' to 'I'd rather gouge my eyes out with rusty spoons than wear that combo' (guess which end I'm at). So, ultimately, you have to use your own judgment, try new things out and find out what works for you and to hell with what anyone else thinks.

Tom

Trend Setter
    I certainly wouldn't be put off wearing them with black jeans, as long as they're not crisp smart black jeans and the top half isn't black I think it could be pulled off. There's no substitude for chucking a few different outfits on and seeing how it looks though, as you say the shoes are a different shade in real life.

+ Reply to Thread