FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Black or brown?

Howdy. I'm going to buy a pair of Base London Slouch Military Boots. I'm not sure if I should get black or brown. I wear dark denim skinny jeans and black skinny jeans. For shirts I usually wear black, blue, green or white. I should get black right? Brown wouldn't really match with anything, correct? The brown ones look really nice. I love that specific brown on boots but I don't think it'll match.

Trend Setter
    I am normally not a fan of black with brown, unless it's something as bright as tan. It depends on what other kinds of leathers you wear, too, as in black goes with black, brown with brown etc.

I personally have workwear-style boots in brown and my military boots are black, just because I think it looks a little more sleek for going out or grabbing something to eat with friends in the evening.

Trend Setter
    I'd go with the brown. They will look better with the dark jeans and IMO they can look good with black skinnies.

Yeah I'm with Jonesy tbh. Brown boots will work better for a cool / casual vibe.

Get yourself some smarter black boots / shoes further down the line.

Thanks guys. I'm thinking brown now. Here is what they look like: Base London | Base London Slouch Military Boots at ASOS And here is the black: Base London | Base London Slouch Military Boots at ASOS I usually wear green, blue, white and black shirts because of my eye color. They help bring out my blue eyes so I use those colors, and then I get black or dark denim skinny jeans to match the shirts. I'll have some vans if my outfit isn't good for brown boots, but if I was wearing a black shirt with a black coat, with black skinny jeans would the brown still look good? I wear all black sometimes (no I'm not gothic lol) and I want to be sure the brown will still look good with that. I like them because as you can see there in the first link it's a dark brown.

The brown ones would be better imo but there are people who will disagree with wearing brown with black.

The brown will help ward off any goth connotations too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    The brown ones would be better imo but there are people who will disagree with wearing brown with black.

The brown will help ward off any goth connotations too.
    Yeah, good point. I decided I will get the brown. I think they're dark enough to work with black clothes.

+ Reply to Thread