FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

New Balance overhyped?

Hey there,

So I'm currently looking for some trainers to wear with casual summer outfits. I came across these New Balance trainers on my work and I think they're beautiful. The only thing I'm worrying about is that they are seen more and more often, and I'm afraid that they'll just be overhyped by summer, at least, in The Netherlands. Should I buy some other brand trainer, or stick to these?

Style Icon
    Personally, I think they look great, but as you say, they're very hyped, and everyone wears them. Kind of like Converse Chuck Taylors here in Sweden.

I'd say it depends a bit on what you want to achieve. It it's a classic look, and a versatile sneaker, there's nothing wrong with New Balance. If it's a unique, personal look, with a bit of an edge, then perhaps New Balance isn't for you.

My suggestion is if you like them, buy them! There's nothing wrong with following the mainstream when the mainstream is on the right path.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post
    Personally, I think they look great, but as you say, they're very hyped, and everyone wears them. Kind of like Converse Chuck Taylors here in Sweden.

I'd say it depends a bit on what you want to achieve. It it's a classic look, and a versatile sneaker, there's nothing wrong with New Balance. If it's a unique, personal look, with a bit of an edge, then perhaps New Balance isn't for you.

My suggestion is if you like them, buy them! There's nothing wrong with following the mainstream when the mainstream is on the right path.
    "There's nothing wrong with following the mainstream when the mainstream is on the right path." That's quite a good one! I'll remember it and if i still like them by that time I'll just buy them. Thanks!

Trend Setter
    I just can't decide on what to get for my next pair of trainers-New Balance 574 or Nike Flyknits?

FashionBeans Staff
    You shouldn't dismiss something because its overhyped or simply worn by a lot of people, you should only dismiss it if you know it won't fit your needs or your genuinely don't like it. For example, I find Nike Air Max unoriginal and ugly, but I can still understand why people buy them, New Balance are kind of the same, They just don't suit my style.

I'll be sticking with my Vans Authentic and Sk8 Hi.

Style Icon
    Always buy what you personally like and dismiss anything else. No one will view you differently just for wearing a popular trainer!

Quote Originally Posted by malti001 View Post
    I just can't decide on what to get for my next pair of trainers-New Balance 574 or Nike Flyknits?
    They are very different styles so depends on the rest of your look really.

I would go for flyknits every time.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    They are very different styles so depends on the rest of your look really.

I would go for flyknits every time.
    I was thinking of using them as gym shoes, and wearing them with sweatpants. I don't really think that they would go with jeans (especially the flyknits)

idk maybe I need a little bit more convincing in regards to pairing them with casual/smart casual stuff

I used to wear New Balance, but since they are very hyped now, I tend to choose Adidas or Nike.

Quote Originally Posted by heissin View Post
    I used to wear New Balance, but since they are very hyped now, I tend to choose Adidas or Nike.
    And they're not over hyped?

+ Reply to Thread