FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Church's Ryder III alternative

Really love the look of these, but can no way justify the expense! Does anyone know of a more reasonably priced alternative, still keeping the overall look of these.

Style Icon
    You could try some that come up on this search at asos, or I also think Clark's do these

Men's shoes | Trainers, loafers, casual & smart shoes | ASOS

Fashionisto
    Not overly keen on any of the asos ones, and cant see anything on Clarks either. Closet thing I can find is Loake Kemptons but these are still a fair few quid.

Style Icon
    What is your budget?

Fashionisto
    Originally my budget was sub-100, but the more I look at the Loakes the more I'm thinking that the budget may well stretch that much more.

Fashionisto
    Hi, I got a pair of Church Ryder III's in dark brown suede as 'seconds' from the factory shop for 100 (they had some minor marks in the suede but once brushed with a suede brush in different directions, it is not really noticeable at all because of the texture of suede). I would have a look at the factory shop in Northampton, or their outlets Bicester Village and Cheshire Oaks.

Fashionisto
    That sounds good in theory, unfortunatley Northamptom is a bit of a trek for me (I'm in Kent).

Has anyone got any experience of Herring shoes - found these and they loo good and price is around budget too Herring shoes: Herring Canterbury

Style Icon
    Yes I have a pair of herrings, very good quality. I think loake and church make some of their shoes.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Yes I have a pair of herrings, very good quality. I think loake and church make some of their shoes.
    I was in Cheaney's factory shop last Saturday and they had some shoes in there labelled Herring.
    I think the Church brothers were involved in the management buy out at Cheaneys.

Loakes don't have a factory shop that you can visit but they sell shoes by mail order and on eBay where they sell as "loakefactoryoutlet".

Hope this helps.

These should be exactly what you are looking for
    Clarks Originals Desert Earl Cola Suede Boot 203558626

+ Reply to Thread