FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Desert boots style overload...??

Was thinking of getting a pair of clarks desert boots in beeswax, really nice looking boot and so versatile.

However noticed allllot of people seem to be wearing them at the moment and starting to wonder if the desert boot in general is being a bit over worn. I know this shouldn't really deter me from buying, but its nice to try and keep a little bit of originality in your wardrobe.. What does everyone think?? Or are they timeless enough for it not to matter??

Are there any other similar options that are slightly less over worn at the moment??

Des

Trend Setter
    I tried on the beeswax the other day. They don't look as good when they're fresh together with slim raw denim I wasn't really feeling them. Plus I had to size down and they looked tiny. They don't fit like the suede ones, which I have loads of.
    They're rubbish for this weather anyway. The sole is slippery and the cold wind seeps right through even with leather versions. Nobody wants to break in shoes this time of year too.
    I'd go for the hiking boots they have on sale at the mo.

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jblack View Post
    However noticed allllot of people seem to be wearing them at the moment and starting to wonder if the desert boot in general is being a bit over worn.
    That's like asking if a navy suit or dark slim jeans or white oxford shirt is over worn. A pair (or three) of decent desert boots are a menswear staple that you will get a hell of a lot of wear out of. Nothing wrong with the alternatives, but before you start splurging on camo brogues, get the basics sorted.

Style Icon
    I have an intense dislike of desert boots, tan suede ones in particular. To me, they lack style and shape and are the outdoor equivalent of a pair of slippers.

+ Reply to Thread