FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Shoes or Boots for this Wet Weather

So my brogues, desert boots and Chelsea boots have all taken a pounding in this wet weather and having leather soles not ideal as not waterproof.

Any ideas of some smartish shoes or boots that will be ok in this weather? I assume a rubber sole is needed and a workman type boot?! I don't want anything too chunky and have to look fairly smart so timberland boots are not a option.

Fashionisto
    Whats your budget?

Fashionisto
    Up to about 100 but more for the right pair.

Style Icon
    This is where I find the high street / lower end fashion brands come in handy, as their soles are mostly rubber compounds of some description. I have a few pairs of brogues / suede shoes / boots from the likes of Topman and ASOS and none have leather soles, they are all normally 30-50 and I'm quite happy for them to get wet or only last a year.

I can't remember the name specifically, but the top end brands like church etc also do a rubber compound sole which is often more expensive than the leather finish.

Fashionisto
    Have you considered getting a rubber sole put on a pair of your shoes? It's 19.95 at Timpsons, no idea whether you could find it cheaper elsewhere.

+ Reply to Thread