FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Brogues

Looking to get my first pair of brogues, have done a bit of trawling through the site/forum for some advice.

Having had a browse online the pair that have caught my eye so far are these: J Shoes Charlie Men's Mid Brown (Glow) Leather Brogues | Buy Men's Leather Brogues

This is probably as far as my budget can stretch right now, my main concern is how these would look with a mid grey suit, are they formal enough?

I'm by no means set on getting this pair, so open to thoughts on these and new suggestions!

These are another pair I'm considering, concerned by the latest review regarding the Indian made variety not being as good quality as the UK ones..Loake English shoes

Fashionisto
    I don't really have any advice to give you, but I just wanted to say that those J Shoes Brogues look awesome! Does anyone know what the quality of this brand is like?

Style Icon
    Loake's strength, in my opinion, lies in the value for money on their UK lines. I don't have any experience with their foreign made shoes, but I wouldn't go for them if there was no real style advantage - i.e. they'd have to be very special looking, otherwise they're just another pair of brogues.

If you're in the price range of around 100, I'd advice you to look at H by Hudson and Clark's as well. They're usually sensible quality, and if you can get them on sale, also quite good value for money.

Brogues Collection - Men's Shoes | H by Hudson
    The ultimate collection of mens brogues.

Thanks Marc.

Pushed the boat out slightly and grabbed some Ted Baker Guri 7's. Hope they look as good in person! Will maybe put some pics up in a fit.

You will not go far wrong with Loake Chester's. Iconic, English bench made, colour and their look improves with wear.

+ Reply to Thread