FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

cleaning Adidas stan smith

I have some old Adidas Stan Smith...and I want to clean/shine them.

The problem is with the sole,it has become yellow.I do not mind of course for the part that is at the bottom of the shoe but that part that is on the sides and of course is visible by other people.

Is there a way I can remove this yellow dirt?

Fashionisto
    White Spirit.
    @eph89

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Kessler View Post
    White Spirit.

Are you sure this is not going to harm the shoe?

Fashionisto
    I wouldn't recommend dowsing the trainer in it, but if you clean the soles with care and a cloth then you're fine.

I've been using the method on my Adidas Hi-Tops for a couple of years and they are still in one piece. You may need to leave the shoes out for a day or so as they will obviously have a bit of a spirity-pong to them. But I've not found anything that gives as good a result.
    @eph89

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Kessler View Post
    I wouldn't recommend dowsing the trainer in it, but if you clean the soles with care and a cloth then you're fine.

I've been using the method on my Adidas Hi-Tops for a couple of years and they are still in one piece. You may need to leave the shoes out for a day or so as they will obviously have a bit of a spirity-pong to them. But I've not found anything that gives as good a result.
    Ok I will try white spirit...
    I just wanted to know if you think-if you know the product of course- this is going to help at all....Essential Kit | Jason Markk

Fashionisto
    I tried white spirit but not much happened.I cannot say I tried much of course...

Does white spirit act mainly as a prevention?

Maybe, since soles become yellow, the "damage"is done,and cannot be undone either with white spirit or anything else for that matter.

+ Reply to Thread