FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Waterproof Shoes?

Hey guys,
    I'm a student travelling to UK this September, I'm told given the weather of London I must own some waterproof shoes. 95% of shoes I own are made out of leather so they arent waterproof.

I'd like you to guide me on the subject and recommend some shoes for my daily routine but please do keep the budget in check, don't have much budget currently.

P.S I do like dressing decently, no funky stuff.

Style Icon
    Perhaps this is best answered by a native Londoner, but I think I've been there enough times to make a valid statement: Don't worry about it. You won't need to make any special purchases just to go to London. It's not like London is ankle deep under water, and everyone who lives there wear their Hunters rubber boots every day.

My only recommendation would be to wear something rubber soled, with a good grip, as the streets with cobblestone and stone floors can get quite slippery when wet. Other than that, just wear something comfortable you can walk a lot it. London is a great city for walking!

Have a great trip!

Fashionisto

I'm not from London but on rainy days I like to use my Yves Saint Laurent Rubber Moccasin. Its entirely made of rubber so it water can't really damage it. I know GUCCI got a similar rubber moccasin like mine or maybe Hunter Rubber Lace Up Boots is your thing.

Style Icon
    Gucci? YSL? Nice budget alternatives.

If you're hell-bent on waterproof shoes, Swedish Tretorn makes some stylish rubber shoes and ankle boots. I quite like these myself:

go with rubber shoes i would suggest Yves Saint

Trend Setter
    How do your feet breathe? I don't think I'd be able to get those rubber shoes off, ever. They look sicker than Keith Richards, though.

Style Icon
    I've got a pair of their ankle boots, which are sort of just a sawed off version of their regular rubber boot. I've not worn them for an entire day, but for a few hours straight, and sweat has never really been a problem. There's a small slit down the sides, where they're sown together kind of like a chelsea boot. I think that helps for the breathing.

My only complaint would be that the soles are really thin, the feet get kind of cold. Especially since I mainly use them in the fall, when the ground can be quite cold. But they're really practical for the bike ride to work on rainy days and such.

Trend Setter
    Sorry I meant the YSLs. I should have quoted him, my bad.

+ Reply to Thread