FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

Serious Boots Dilemma...

looking to buy another pair of boots...

at the moment cant decide between a pair of Red wing 875's:-

or Wolverine Apprentice...

The cost would be the same for me so doesnt really play a part in the decision making process...

What are your thoughts???

Jay

Style Icon
    My thoughts are that a serious dilemma is if you jump you break your neck and if you don't you die in the burning building. Choosing between two pairs of boots is not quite in the same territory.

Buy neither. You'll feel a bit of tool in six months time when the vibram soul is consigned to the 'what the hell were we thinking?' bin of terrible fashion trends along with the cuffed chino.

Sam

Style Icon
    On the other hand...
    Buy the Red Wings!

Trend Setter
    I've never been into these boots. I can't imagine that they would look good with anything, especially anything slim fitting! Their just so gumby lol. I would go for some desert/chukka boots personally because their so versatile, I live in mine.

If it was life or death decision then I'd go with the Red Wing's.
    Last edited by Tone; 31-01-2012 at 01:21 AM.

Trend Setter
    Redwings mate, I think these rugged look is here to stay. Nice well made boots that can always be pulled out for winter.

Trend Setter
    Redwings all the way

The Redwings are the lesser of two evils, but I am inclined to agree that these look a bit "special"

I am a fan of Vibram soles though, but prefer them on a brogue or a loafer. But I imagine if you hold out for the next sales, some of thes will be going very cheap...

I hate the branding on the Wolverines, it's simply horrible.

Trend Setter
    Again disagree, redwings have been about for a while and will be about for longer, check there websites for great insights into how they are made and can be repaired, nice american brand doing well made "work boots"primarily. How ever I do prefer them in suede.

FashionBeans Staff
    I would say Red Wings; As a brand I like Wolverine but those boots aren't fantastic. Worn in the right way these can look good, they suit a more rugged and workman like style, I've seen a few chaps around pulling them off rather well, they make a good alternative to the usual military or worker boots.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    My thoughts are that a serious dilemma is if you jump you break your neck and if you don't you die in the burning building. Choosing between two pairs of boots is not quite in the same territory.
    Haha, but that wouldn't be a serious boot dilemma unless one pair were fire resistant and the other had patented neck-break prevention technology vibram soles. :P

I have to say, I like neither though.

+ Reply to Thread