FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Best Brands For Budget Shoes?

Good day everyone.

I'm in the process of building especially the shoe department of my wardrobe - practically from scratch. I think I have a pretty good idea of what shoes to buy thanks to the brilliant articles here on FashB (damn facebook for occupying the FB acronym lol).

However as a measly student there's no way I can afford 5 pairs of shoes at 150£ a pop. As the title suggests, I'm therefore looking for some advice on what brands to go for when picking up some brogues/deserts/chelseas and the other basics.
    I'm located in copenhagen so I'm pretty much restricted to buying from Asos (the site), Zara and H&M (rarely though). The rest of the danish hi-street is pretty awful from what I've seen.

A quick example I noticed when looking at suede desert boots was:
    - Ben Sherman: 60£
    - Asos (the brand): 40£
    - H&M: 35£ (but imitated suede)

Thanks in advance

Rusty

Style Icon
    I like ASOS for shoes. My tan brogues arrived from them today, and for £50 the quality is great.

Trend Setter
    I've been slowly building my show collection on a budget too. I've not bought any shoes from Asos, H&M, Top Man or Zara, instead I have been pretty lucky with sales. I got a tan pair of chukka boots from Dr Martens for about £50 back at the beginning of autumn, whch are doing well. Then I got lucky with a pair of handmade tan leather brogues reduced to £30 and another suede pair for £25, both reduced from £100! The only shoes I have paid full price for are my Grenson Fred brogue boots, because I everywhere was selling out in my size before the sales and I didn't want to miss out!

I'm reluctant to spend money on cheap shoes as I think it can be a false economy. Having said that the Asos ones that have mentioned do look a good buy. Also I was looking at the Zara website today and they have some nice looking shoes for around £50, but have no idea of the quality.

You will thank me after clicking this link:

Shoes & Footwear from Schuh UK | Online Shoe Shop | Buy Shoes

Safe

Fashionisto
    Dear lord I'm practically in tears over here. That sale is unbelievable PinMoney and would have been the answer to all my prayers, had they not been sold out in my size 7 in all the shoes I was interested in on the page :'(

Damn I should have made this inquiry 1-2 weeks ago!

Tom

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin Money View Post
    You will thank me after clicking this link:

Shoes & Footwear from Schuh UK | Online Shoe Shop | Buy Shoes

Safe
    Thank you for nothing maybe haha, oh well, there goes another £110!

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    Dear lord I'm practically in tears over here. That sale is unbelievable PinMoney and would have been the answer to all my prayers, had they not been sold out in my size 7 in all the shoes I was interested in on the page :'(

Damn I should have made this inquiry 1-2 weeks ago!
    Ah, shame!

The office sale is equally stupendous

Shoe Sale & Designer Footwear Discounts - Office Shoes Online UK

Fashionisto
    Excellent, thanks mate. Got 3pairs from that sale so I'm fairly well off now.

+ Reply to Thread