FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Blue Suede Shoes?

Following yesterdays article on FB about the colour blue being a trend this s/s I saw these shoes in Zara:

Men’s Spring/Summer 2012 Colour Trend: Blue | Fashionbeans.com

What do people think? I've never bought anything from Zara before, so have no idea of the quality. What do people think about shoes other than black/tan in general? I'm not entirely sure what I think, but I don't think i'll be rushing out to buy any blue suede shoes soon anyway. Not least for fear of people singing Elvis songs at me in the street!

Trend Setter
    I was tempted once to buy a pair of darker suede shoes, closer to navy. I didn't get them but they were really pretty. As to Zara, the quality is high street.

Trend Setter
    Something a little bit lighter than these:

Men's Navy Red Or Dead Rod Micro Ox Brogue at Schuh

I happen to own these beauties by f-troupe:

Never really worn them, might be time to start though...

Trend Setter
    I was in town today and took a look in Zara. They look a bit cheap and tatty in real life, which I wasn't entirely surprised by! I think i'll save my pennies for some new summer footwear when the weather gets nicer.

I got the craving for a pair of blue suede brogues after seeing them on a few models on the ASOS website. I saw these in debenhams and was SOOOO tempted.

Blue suede brogue shoes -

I really like them as a way of adding personality to an outfit, however, as soon as I put them on I realised they will be really hard to pull off also they don't go with much from what I can tell. If you got the confidence, I say go for it!

Trend Setter
    I like blue suede shoes, I've been eyeing up a couple of pairs recently and I think I might buy one of them as blue is such a good colour to wear in the spring/summer. I really like this pair by Kurt Geiger:

Bleeker shoes - KG BY KURT GEIGER - Shoes & boots - Menswear - Selfridges | Shop Online

Or, for something a bit smarter, this (admittedly very expensive) pair of D&G suede derbys:

D&G | Royal Blue Suede Derby Shoes by D&G Dolce & Gabbana

Or, if you're looking for a desert boot, these by Acne caught my eye:

Acne*Desert High Suede Boots*|*MR PORTER

Jay

Style Icon
    I own these Paul Smith brogues (although I tend to not wear them in the colder/damper months) just so they stay in good condition:

+ Reply to Thread