FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

FashionBeans Staff
    Hey Merco5,
    I'm with most people here, Topman shoes (the ones made by Topman, they do stock shoes by other brands) are just not durable. The sites I use when looking for shoes are usually:

Urban Outfitters (Urban Outfitters - All Shoes) - Contain a good range of types from a good range of reliable makers (in the majority). The range is constantly being added to and new shoes come in frequently. Wait for the great sales/discounts that they offer and you can grab great shoes at a great price.

Kurt Geiger (Kurt Geiger Shoes and Accessories) - Their own make is normally really good and always contains something new and different. I'd advise popping to a store if you can (I go to the lovely one at Covent Garden, London) to have a good look at them because they tend to experiment with material and online images can be misleading.

ASOS (Men's shoes | Trainers, loafers, casual & smart shoes | ASOS) - Similar to Urban Outfitters in their diverse range - although I personally prefer the UO collection.

These are my first places to look. Another great source is to keep your eyes peeled in our latest Fashionbeans articles. We always try to select a diverse range of product picks and one might catch your eye, if it does, just give the image a click and it'll take you to its website.

Evan

Trend Setter
    Thanks for all the replies guys, under your advice I steered clear of the Topman shoes. Unfortunately by the time I decided to buy a pair of boots I'd missed out on the KG ones I posted earlier in the thread, but thankfully due to getting a job that pays pretty well I've since bought a pair of Grenson brogue boots I had my eye on them before I saw anything else and once I had the money I just couldn't resist!

Jay

Style Icon
    Good call! I have a pair and they are absolutely wonderful things.

Trend Setter
    I now have my eye on a few of the brogue shoes that were in the thread you started Jay, I think it would be good to have a pair of each. I really like the Paul Smith oxblood ones, but they are rather pricey!

Jay

Style Icon
    They are pricey. And honestly, they were disappointing when I actually went to the shop. The tan ones (which aren't really tan at all and look more oxblood than the oxblood ones) are far better. Still pricey though although I managed a 20% discount.

+ Reply to Thread