FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide

View Poll Results: Let's see which Desert Boot colour is more popular !

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oakwood

4 66.67%
  • Taupe Suede

2 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Help With Some Desert Boots?

After reading a lot of articles on this site, I can say that now I have a better grasp and knowing on fashion and how to present myself to the world. The world of fashion is quite new to me, as I'm still a teenager. (almost 18 now) So now I have embarked on my quest to build a capsule wardrobe, from scratch, working with what I have got, to eventually have all the classics and timeless items. So let's begin. I wanted something different from the regular and boring hi-tops and converse. (which for my age, can be seen on EVERYONE) Thus I wanted to try out some desert boots as where I live, my peers are still running around in skate shoes, hi-tops, converse, etc. Not that there's anything wrong with those, but I think it's time for a change. I'm very interested in getting these desert boots by Clarks: http://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Origina...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t (OAKWOOD COLOUR) A couple of questions regarding desert boots: 1. Is it wise to buy them now and use them until summertime arrives? (as they aren't a winter boot, but neither are they very practical in the heat of summer. Maybe for summer I'll get some nice boat shoes.) 2. I'm considering of getting these in Oakwood, but I'm afraid that the light suede material will get very dirty and noticeable. Is the Beeswax colour/style a more sensible choice? 3. If you saw a teenager wearing desert boots instead of the regular skate shoes and such, what would your opinion of them be? Do you like the more classier look of the desert boots or not? Don't be too brutal, as this is my first post. Cheers

Style Icon
    1. I've got a pair of Clark's Originals which I love. You'd be surprised at their suitability for summer; although they're higher-cut than most summer shoes, a suede pair will be nice and light. I also wear them throughout autumn and spring, and occasionally in winter with thick socks as long as it's not wet. They're really versatile!
    2. Although suede boots will get quite dirty, I personally think it's part of their charm, but if you prefer a cleaner look leather may be a better option. It will also make them more suitable for winter but less so for summer, so keep that in mind.
    3. I wouldn't worry about it, I'm only 18 and I've seen younger people wearing them

Trend Setter
    Black Sheep's answered it for me but I personally would go for the 'taupe suede' colour.
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Trend Setter

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by billyreedwah View Post
    Black Sheep's answered it for me but I personally would go for the 'taupe suede' colour.
    Do you really prefer the Tape Suede over the Oakwood version? Having seen some pics on the internet, oakwood seems like the perfect match made with dark indigo jeans. Think of it, navy chinos,jeans, maybe even burgundy chinos...the only thing it's not gonna work with is with black and my bronze chinos from Topman, as they are practically the same colour. It's true that a dark brown is more versatile, but I was thinking of getting these desert boots in that light shade of beige, and then getting some proper brown brogues by next autumn. Thus, I would have both shades of light brown and dark brown. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt...zykfo1_500.jpg They look beautiful. (Kind of weird that the jeans are rolled up, but that's besides the point)

Trend Setter
    Personally, yes. They're just a bit different to the regular tan/oakwood colour. BUT they do look great in that image and the rolled up jeans make it.
    "There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about."

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by billyreedwah View Post
    I have 'taupe suede' All Saints desert boots and they're awesome! They literally look great with everything.

Trend Setter
    New poll added, basically just vote for which is the more versatile and which one would you get. Cheers guys

+ Reply to Thread