FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Loafer vs. Driving Shoe

Finding myself in need of a new pair of spring/summer shoes and I am in a debate between a loafer or a driving shoe.
    However, I really can't decide what I will be more suited to...

I don't particularly want to be spending more than £60 so I have narrowed it down so far to:

Or pushing spending a few more earned pennies on:

If anyone can give any other advice or suggestions it would be much appreciated.
    Does anyone have any experience with the rubber on the bottom of boat shoes and therefore are they only ever short-lived?

Thanks

FashionBeans Staff
    I have the predecessor to those last loafers you pictured (the florio) with a leather sole, They're really nice and work great with a pair of chinos and a shirt. I would definitely choose loafers over driving shoes and I would also say that a rubber sole will only be short lived, depending on how often you wear them they will probably be worn down relatively quickly.

Sam

Style Icon
    I love the first pair you posted - the others not so much, but I'm not big on fringing.
    If you go for the driving shoe, which would be a cool choice, I think the second pair looks better than the last; the colour is more exciting and the lines more dramatic.

+ Reply to Thread